First Mod to new R3

9Ball

Supercharged
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Standard
I had bought these Yamaha mirrors for my Valk, but decided the R3 needed them more. They definitely fit the R3 better than stock (IMHO).

Lots more to do this weekend.

Attachments

• yamaha mirrors.jpg
    yamaha mirrors.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 206
My first modification to the R3

I, like many others, do not like how the license plate bracket hangs down and obstructs the view of the rear tire. I had looked at the license plate relocation kits, but I couldn't justify the price when I could probably do something better. I went out this morning and looked at it. What I did (after a temporary fit to ensure it would work) was to split the difference between the two sets of license plate mounting holes and drew a straight line across the area. Then I got my good old Mikita grinder out and cut the bottom set of mounting holes off. After cleaning up the edges and a little bit of paint, I mounted the license plate up under the fender using the bottom holes of the plate to attach to the bike's bracket. Not only does this look good, but it also allows the license plate to cover the rubber boots on the turn signals.

Attachments

• License Plate.JPG
    License Plate.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
ohhh nooo

...that would be too scary.

I was a Radiological Engineer (Rocky Flats & INL) for the past 7 years before heading back to chemistry. Lot's of legacy cleanup. Can't say I miss it much.

Were you in Amarillo?

That is an AWESOME paint job. Beautiful bike I would like to see in person.

Last edited:
Dam jr we should get together and see what we can mix up..Nuke weapons inspector.

J10003k,,Anyone can restore, It takes a man to cut one up..

That rear end is Wicked! I have been trying to figure out how to cut the factory one to be that short. Where did you get it and what kind of seat are you able to put on it now?

Back