Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
The bike arrived today, was uncrated, assembled, test ridden, fluids topped off...and now
IT'S ALL MINE, MINE, MINE!!!

I want to thank Bob (Baggage1) for meeting me this afternoon at D&D Cylces to welcome me into the fellowship of Rocket Captains. After I left the dealership we made like a motorcycle gang and headed straight for the Honda dealereship to create mayhem and cause envy...I also wanted to show my new ride to a friend of mine there that is part of my Gold Wing fraternity.

Bob and I split company leaving the Honda dealership and I went home.

The bike rides like a dream, had a few clumsy moments getting used to the heel to toe shifter and those floorboards but we are okay now.

Many thanks to Travis, Dink, and Julie at D&D Cycles for getting this bike in and together pretty quick so that I could pick it up today.

I have added more pictures to my photo album if anyone wants to see more, here are a few to show it off...it was worth the wait.

Dennis
11 dtg!!!

Last edited:
Well Worth The Wait

MM...... Finally you're official! I'll bet you thought this day would never get here. For being so short those few days before you came home...you've got your height back and a new toy. No matter what you tell people about the beast you just don't appreciate the feeling until you straddle the darn thing, twist the throttle and hand on for dear life.

We're all glad you made it home safely and look forward to your comments, questions and upcoming stories.

Just noticed that big trailer behind you. Is it yours and if so, do you like it. Probably big enough for hauling a car but I've got a feeling you'll use it to haul the two bikes.
What make is it?

Last edited:
The Rocket makes up for a GLORIOUS return:bch:

PS Got a kick from PianoMan mostly paying attention to the trailer behind you:D Reminds me of wiffie coming home with a new hairdo and expecting compliments... and my only noticing that she has not forgotten to buy me bottle of scotch on her way back home. Jamie

Looks great Molinoman! Nice & shiny! Now go out & burn some of that "not as expensive as it once was" fuel & have a blast!

Enjoy & be careful.

Trailer, what trailer...oh, that trailer

The trailer you guys are referring to belongs to the owners of D&D Cycles. I guess, (as I haven't been privy to it's actual use) that is what they hauled a bunch of different bikes around as their son races on the circuit, it probably was at Daytona, but I'm not sure as I was...ahem, elsewhere.

One other thing I did have to get used to was the "wind". My last three bikes (Vulcan, and two Gold Wings) had windshields, with the speed ot this thing, my leather jacket was really catching the wind so I now know what some of you were referring to holding on so that you don't leave the bike when you are accelerating at a fast clip.

I'm not sure how much riding time I am going to get in, I've a lot of things pulling me in different directions namely my wife, spending time with my son, a concert, anniversary (27th) and two nights to see my son (who is graduating this year) having the lead in his school's annual play (Rock in Roll High School...I think is the name). But whenever I can I will be out trying to enjoy this new ride...now I've got to find a job for May - June so that I can "justify" my having it...and the further away from home, the better, to enjoy the ride every day.
Dennis
10 dayts to go.

Last edited:
That is a picture of a happy man!!!

You won't really have to remember the feeling you had when you picked it up, because you will re-live it every time you go out and ride it... its that good :p...

Do all of your family stuff so you don't get on their bad side... You've got all summer to ride. Plus... If you see my mum in law run her over.... she's only about 3 feet tall....:roll:

Congratulations Molino :bch:

I thought that you'd had a good ride, I think I heard you smiliing up here in NC.

Nice

Very nice bike love the colors.
One question though:rolleyes: your bike has both black and red so does that mean you are faster than plane black or plane red.
What do you think Raymond:roll:

Miles

At the very least I would like to have at least 500 miles on it so that D&D can go ahead and get the 1st service out of the way while I am gone. Since they will have the bike the end of next week they can do it then. I am leaving it at the dealership to have all the accessories put on and said they can use it as a display for free advertising for their accessories while I am gone. When I return I have a lot of riding to do.

By the way is there a secret to pulling that "tab" out under the left rear seat (with the key inserted "anti clockwise") to remove the rear seat? It was pretty stiff, didn't want to strong arm it if it isn't necessary.
Dennis
10 days to go!

Back