It helps to push down on the rider's portion of the seat. The latch is pretty snug. It took a while but I have mastered the technique of putting my knee on the seat to push down, twist the key lock while pulling the rip cord.

The latch is pretty snug. It took a while but I have mastered the technique of putting my knee to push down, twist the key lock while pulling the rip cord.

Pig9r: You have just defeated CHASTITY belts . European Middle Age history to be re-written accordingly:D

By the way is there a secret to pulling that "tab" out under the left rear seat (with the key inserted "anti clockwise") to remove the rear seat? It was pretty stiff, didn't want to strong arm it if it isn't necessary.
Dennis
10 days to go!

That seems to be a normal breaking in issue with several new Captains, myself including.

I had the difficulties getting it back on in some resemblance to short order. There's a technique, or two I imagine.

I'll PM. See if this works for you.

What a great day I had yesterday and today with Molinoman. Finally got to see the man in living color.While I waited for him to get in from his house,I managed to bid on a classic seat and won it! Julie is so nice.We talked for quite a bit before Dennis showed.I got so many pictures of the uncrating,washing,1st start,1st test ride then the proud Papa with his big grin.(priceless)!:D

What a great day I had yesterday and today with Molinoman. Finally got to see the man in living color.While I waited for him to get in from his house,I managed to bid on a classic seat and won it! Julie is so nice.We talked for quite a bit before Dennis showed.I got so many pictures of the uncrating,washing,1st start,1st test ride then the proud Papa with his big grin.(priceless)!:D

Baggage1, Wish I was there for that. I've never seen an uncrating just a crated one. And meeting you and seeing Dennis's big grin would be too kewl!!
:bch:

I ran a zip tie around the existing loop so I could get my friggin finger through the loop now seat comes off without any cussin

Do What It Takes

You proved the old adage: Necessity is the Mother of Invention. My only real creativity is seeing how many different ways I can ride across town to the dealership so they can work on the beast.

Don't know about other parts of the country but the labor charge here just went to around $73 an hour.

Back