Fess-Up R3 Owners?

Porsche's, when driven as they should, road width and law permitting. Plus an occasional Audi Quattro, whenever the driver knows the local mountain roads as well as I do. Don't mean to be a show-stopper, but the lil' Daytona 675 is a much better tool for that kind of "I'll show you" exuberance. I should know:rolleyes:
Jamie

I backed down

ok I will be the first to admit defeat. I went to pass a stinking diesel ford f-350 pickup truck and let me tell you there was something special about his set-up. I think he anticapated that I was about to pass, we were going about 80 to start with, then I pulled around to pass, we were side by side, the typical 80 to about 110 in (you all know how fast that happens) and this sucker was still right beside me. I gave up, I don't really think that he could have beat my bike but he beat (me). I do not really like high speed/I just love the acceleraation.

RADEMIS said:
ok I will be the first to admit defeat. I went to pass a stinking diesel ford f-350 pickup truck and let me tell you there was something special about his set-up. I think he anticapated that I was about to pass, we were going about 80 to start with, then I pulled around to pass, we were side by side, the typical 80 to about 110 in (you all know how fast that happens) and this sucker was still right beside me. I gave up, I don't really think that he could have beat my bike but he beat (me). I do not really like high speed/I just love the acceleraation.

Betcha he had a 100 pound propane bottle in the bed and a Fugger in the intake before the turbo. Propane is to diesel like NoX is to a gas engine. I have a 350 4 door 4wd with a Powerstroke and a Gail Banks enhancement kit (ata, new turbo, chipped and trans work but no propane. It's a farm truck that has to last, not a toy. Propane is hard as NoX on an engine. You could have ate him on top end. Even with 373 gears he'd top out around 125 at the rev limiter. Should have screwed it to the stop. Your knees shake later, I know mine did when I ran it out as hard as it would go. Never tell your wife......:D

Besides, that Super Duty is about as aerodynamic at 125 as a fist in over cured jello.

Last edited:
Hondax said:
Not many Vipers, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, and Ford GT's around these parts. But all of them would be in my rear view mirror, .........yes and so would a Stage 3 SRT-4 Neon.:D

Jeff:

You obviously got some weenie SRT4's out there. One of the guys at work has a white one that's consistently running low 10's in the quarter mile and dynoed at 350 horse. This car will lay rubber by just accelerating fo as long as you wish and you'd be a spot in his rearview mirror. I have more self-discipline. I always pass and he obliges.:eek:

I see all the above, especially V10 Vipers and I pass on all them too. No need to be embarassed. I can whip the boss's supercharged 'Stang though.:D

Don't be too surprised about that. I've seen video of one of these trucks, [4x4 at that] running in the high nines. One of our customers brought in a dyno slip claiming 700 hp from his powerstroke. This can make for a very expensive toy when it breaks.:flame:

The powerstroke stories are just simply too unbelieveable! A F350!!!...your talking 6000-7000 Lbs, empty! A truck of that weight to keep up with the R3 would have to be sporting a 1200-1500 hp motor. I'm by no means saying that the powerstoke with every mod and jet streams of propane squeezed down the intake couldn't be a fast truck....but no where near 1200 hp. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jimbeamrye said:
The powerstroke stories are just simply too unbelieveable! A F350!!!...your talking 6000-7000 Lbs, empty! A truck of that weight to keep up with the R3 would have to be sporting a 1200-1500 hp motor. I'm by no means saying that the powerstoke with every mod and jet streams of propane squeezed down the intake couldn't be a fast truck....but no where near 1200 hp. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are corrected and you are somewhat wrong. The F350, no matter how much horse or torque won't get out of the hole, hell, mine burns the tires, but once it's moving, a 700 horse PS will hang with the R3, to, again, about 125. That's it. Like I said, should have stayed in it.

Like Issac Newton said "A body in motion tends to stay in motion"......

Back