reinie

.040 Over
I checked out two makes of "batwing" style stereo equipped fairings for the Rocket III Touring. The Hoppe Quadzilla is a quick detchable using the fork mounting points of our quick-detach windshield. List price is$1695.95 USD, but I priced some extras including the gloss black paintjob and my tab was up to $1973.90 USD. Tsukayu's batwing isn't quick detachable, but their feature packed premium model features a GPS and lists for $1511.20 USD with free shipping. Addiing gloss black paint adds $450.00 to any of their fairings. The full stereo model (no GPS) lists for $1079.20 USD. Right now I like the Hoppe quick detach feature, but the lower price plus free shipping on the GPS equpped Tsukayu might just break that deal.

The Tsukayu fairing is only $1639.00 with radio. Without radio and speakers its $1000.00. But it seems like a good deal. If I had the cash I would buy it. :D

mutt

R3T Fairings guy

I live in Northwestern Ohio, winter sucks here too but not as bad as you guys on the Eastern Seaboard have been getting. Tsukayu was running some big discounts on the website, Hoppe was not but I kind of like the quick detach. The lower cost fully loaded Tsukayu was a better deal though if you don't mind it being a bolt-on fairing. Corbin's fairing is just an expensive empty shell. Rifle's fairing looks dorky, is just as empty and doesn't list a fitting for the R3T yet. So far I haven't seen anything else for our Rocket III Touring model on the market yet.

Last edited:
I think you can get the T's as quick detached as well/ At least thats how I took it when I read thru the website.
Interestingly enough you cannot find that radio anywhere but there. Not sure why but it doesnt even show up on Philips website. But for what it does its a good deal. Looks like it retails for about $425 compared to their 2980 Yuan (chinese) add the speakers and you get a reasonably priced component. I believ they supply you with the brackets or bolts to attach the quick release fom the windsheild. Its all confusing but an option to say the least.

You can get it painted w/ the 6 1/2 speakers and bluetooth for $1150. That's Freaking awesome...

Batwing Classic Fairing
America (FREE Shipping)
New%20type2_resize_resize.jpg

+US$72 (original US$90) stereo upgraded with Bluetooth®

Everything being equivalent (maker,materials, coil, center tweet, power etc), you can't beat the sound from 6X9's. Trouble is they take alot of room to mount.

Back