Factory Dual Tour Seat

On my Standard it locks with the key and has a second pull tab for back. Needs a mounting plate that screws in where the standard pillion pad attaches.

Canberra, what's the model number on yours? Triumph could not help me a bit, as the numbers have changed and they have no record of former parts numbers. I have the same set up as you, with backrest, and no go.

Classic stock seat on a Standard.

The standard seat is a 2 pc. The classic seat is a 1 piece with a much larger passenger area.

Does the classic seat have a 2nd rear mounting point? My rear seat (on the standard) mounts with 3 allen bolts under the rider seat.

I have no place to screw in a bolt further back on the fender.

I want to have utopia mount a passenger backrest on a classic seat that will come off wit just a key.

The say it can be done.

That way switching from a solo (stock) seat to a 2up classic seat with back rest can be accomplished with a key in 1 minute.

I see used classic seats on ebay for $89

This theory gets blown up if there is a rear bolt needed at the rear of a stock classic seat.

Any input here?

The Dual tour 1 piece seat seat should have a mounting plate that fits onto the 3 10mm bolts that hold your standard passenger seat in place.I've used my bike without the rear mounting plate and really didn't notice much difference. I've tried every seat available for the Rocket and for 2 up riding I prefer Triumph's own Dual Tour with rider backrest.:) Al.

Canberra, what's the model number on yours? Triumph could not help me a bit, as the numbers have changed and they have no record of former parts numbers. I have the same set up as you, with backrest, and no go.

There are 2 numbers under the dual seat without backrest - A9701163 and A9701164. And on the one with backrest it's A9700186.

I have a spare rear mounting plate if anyone's interested.

put it on today as TC said, without the extra back support bracket, easy as piss and so far feels better than roadster gel crap. much softer than the corbin so for the 5 minutes today son loved it as is very wide in pillion section and he felt more secure, i liked it as is nice and low and comfy. Heading off on long ride next weekend so will let you know how i go.

by the way, bought mine for about $150 today from Triumph Melbourne as apparently it is a discontinued colour or something. The replacement is about $840. If the fella from the dealership got this right then I have a bit of a bargain!

That is a great price. Not only a really comfortable seat but it's blacker than the standard single seat and pad. If you have a sissy bar you should look at replacing the pad with the larger curved one as I have. It's the same colour as the dual seat and also more comfortable and secure. If you decide you want the rear mounting plate (which I'd probably suggest is a good idea with a pillion to prevent lateral movement), I have a spare one.

That is a great price. Not only a really comfortable seat but it's blacker than the standard single seat and pad. If you have a sissy bar you should look at replacing the pad with the larger curved one as I have. It's the same colour as the dual seat and also more comfortable and secure. If you decide you want the rear mounting plate (which I'd probably suggest is a good idea with a pillion to prevent lateral movement), I have a spare one.

nice offer....great Rocket owner

put it on today as TC said, without the extra back support bracket, easy as piss and so far feels better than roadster gel crap. much softer than the corbin so for the 5 minutes today son loved it as is very wide in pillion section and he felt more secure, i liked it as is nice and low and comfy. Heading off on long ride next weekend so will let you know how i go.

by the way, bought mine for about $150 today from Triumph Melbourne as apparently it is a discontinued colour or something. The replacement is about $840. If the fella from the dealership got this right then I have a bit of a bargain!

Lucky :D you got a bargain I think..
I don't suppose they have another, I think I will get one too but I wouldn't be that lucky price wise..

Thanks mate. It actually came with the rear plate I just didn't instal it. Going to do so later this week though as going away for the weekend so will strap some stuff to it and would rather avoid the movement as suggested. Thank for the offer though. I'm actually thinking of designing something as a bit of a luggage rack utilising the rear mounting plate when I have the solo on. If i ever get around to it I'll post a pick to show you how it worked out.

I don't suppose they have another, I think I will get one too but I wouldn't be that lucky price wise..

Yeah they have 2 left. Ring Ryan in triumph spare parts at Peter Stevens melbourne. Checked my receipt and was $150 +GST.

So far it is a very comfy seat and being so cushy actuals smoothes out the ride even more. Haven't had the chance to put many k's on it as only had a few 30 min rides and so far it is nice. If it does the same as the gel seat i'll be posting hear for sale.

Am thinking of getting the 2 piece Roadster gel seat remade into something comfortable as I really like the look of it but just can't ride longer than 30mins to 1 hour max.

Hey CR3, what is the part number for the large backrest your talking about?

On second thoughts, Im going back in to dealer on Monday or Tuesday... let me know if you rather I pick it up for you and post out...I think dealer will do it but if not PM me and I'm happy to organise it for you.

Back