Extra stretch - relocating front pegs

Damd8279

.040 Over
Has anyone got any experience with relocating the front pegs forward ? I am a 6' guy that really needs an extra 2-3" of leg room and would like some advice before trying to re-invent the wheel.........DAMD

I haven't personaly heard of anything on the market yet. I would like to get a pair of the lower case guards off a salvage bike and do a little modifying to see if more foward controls could be built. On road trips, my tailbone starts feeling like hell, so i drape my feet over the pegs to get some relief. So i to desire a more foward feet position. Are you listening Rivco?

I've seen photos of mounts for forward controls, I'm going to try to copy them.

Look at where the front part of the engine bar mounts to the front ( 3 hole sort of triangular bolt pattern. going to fab up a duplicate of that piece and run a piece of steel out and back and up at an angle some, finish it off with a plate to mount the controls.

requires removal of the entire chrome bar that the current controls mount to.

Damd8279 said:
Has anyone got any experience with relocating the front pegs forward ? I am a 6' guy that really needs an extra 2-3" of leg room and would like some advice before trying to re-invent the wheel.........DAMD

I put on floor boards from Rivco for the same reason as I'm 6'4". Floor boards give you foot position options both further forward and further back of stock pegs. You'll probably need to modify your shifter with floorboards for ease of up shifting, unless you have small thin feet. To remedy, I went with heel/toe and love it. Another minor issue with floorboards is limited area to plant feet on ground when stopping. I say minor because the benefit floorboards give a tall rider, like myself, out weights the issue.

PS Good to hear from you Regulator!:)

Last edited:
REGULATOR said:

Look at where the front part of the engine bar mounts to the front ( 3 hole sort of triangular bolt pattern. going to fab up a duplicate of that piece and run a piece of steel out and back and up at an angle some, finish it off with a plate to mount the controls.

I've seen those photos of the custom foward control mounts, although i don't think it's too smart to remove the lower case guards for two reasons. One, they provide the only protection for the lower sections of the engine cases in case of a tip over or worse.(been there done that!) Two, they might also help in structual rigedity of the chassis since they are mounted to both the frame and engine. Bigern

Last edited:
REGULATOR said:

Where are those pics REGULATOR ?

The photos can be found at r3owner.com under the fourm -Technical Chat- Topic...Foward controls fitted.
Please keep this on the lowdown...if Vonbonds or Toystore found out that i'd been seeing other Rocket sites...well who knows what would happen...:kick:
Bigern

Back