Extended Warranty

Yeah with extended warranties you are always taking a chance, bruh. "Am I wasting my $$$?" "Will it cover the thing that actually goes wrong or will they find a way to weasel out?" But f*ck it. In a world full of four-wheeled monstrosities, we ride these beautiful machines, right? That means we are already risk takers LoL. Besides, we paid 20+ thousand dollars for these new gen Rockets, right? I mean, who does that??? Haha. What's an extra thousand dollars or so to protect such an outrageous investment? Might as well do it!
Plus, with the problems of the older rocket transmission, could this new technology be worse?! We will see. Sure is fun to ride.

Plus, with the problems of the older rocket transmission, could this new technology be worse?! We will see. Sure is fun to ride.
All facts. And you were wise to make your sales guy add the provision on the transmission. You've motivated me to have another look at my warranty to make sure the language is crystal clear. I think it is, but I'm certainly going to check. But all that hand-wringing aside, you're 100% correct - I've been around a while but I've never ridden a more engaging bike!

All facts. And you were wise to make your sales guy add the provision on the transmission. You've motivated me to have another look at my warranty to make sure the language is crystal clear. I think it is, but I'm certainly going to check. But all that hand-wringing aside, you're 100% correct - I've been around a while but I've never ridden a more engaging bike!
Your agreement is probably fine. Mine was BEFORE adding sentence. I was paranoid. Rereading under what is covered, it listed all the things that can break. Engine, electrical system, cooling system, brake system, transmission etc. They could not pretend trans not covered. Yours probably the same.

I've wasted money on 4-wheel purchases as well and finally used it on my '16 Ford F-150 when the sunroof tracks broke. They charged the insurance company $3,100... well more than I paid for the extended warranty and updated my transmission programming as well (at no extra charge)... so that one paid for itself. I did look at the sunroof and am pretty confident I could have done it myself for about $650... but that's how the dealer rolls.
-MIG

Back