Avon Cobra treadwear warranty - 15,000 mi / 2 yrs

It looks like a good thing, but make sure that you read all the condiditons, such as:-

"Adjustment credits can only be awarded if a replacement Avon tire is purchased. You must pay for mounting and balancing and any other additional charges, such as taxes or the acceptance of a higher priced replacement Avon tire. " (Bold added.)

So if you are not happy with the tyre, then you have to get another one to be unhappy with in order to claim on your warranty - with no guarantee that the claim will be agreed and paid.

Yeah, there is a lot of fine print associated with that warranty; however, I'm running through rear tires at about 5,000-6,000 miles / 5-6 months each, so I intend to see what I can get out of Avon. As I just put this one on two months ago, I'll report back at the end of this year. :)

Motorcycles pulling trailers, or with sidecars, used in racing, off-road, abused or subjected to a dyno are not covered.

So if you actually USE the R3 to it's full potential - you're not covered.

BET they don't make that offer in "Limit Free" Germany.

I turned my FRONT Cobra Blue in 6300kms. i.e. it overheated. I'm sure Avon would say that was sign of abuse.
OK I was doing 90mph - curvy motorway and 40ºC. But hell ... that's Spain in summer.

Interestingly my local tyre place WILL NOT EVEN QUOTE ME ON AVON.

I've resigned to getting tires every two years so...whatever mileage I get in that time will have to do.

In nine months I have gone through two rear tires. The Avon Cobra is being replaced by a BF Goodrich G Force comp 2 A/S. The Avon wore even vice the stock tire but still did not last much pass 8,000 miles. Never ran a car tire on any bike I have owned. Here in Oklahoma we do not have a lot of twisty turning roads, so it should work out. ;););)

In nine months I have gone through two rear tires. The Avon Cobra is being replaced by a BF Goodrich G Force comp 2 A/S. The Avon wore even vice the stock tire but still did not last much pass 8,000 miles. Never ran a car tire on any bike I have owned. Here in Oklahoma we do not have a lot of twisty turning roads, so it should work out. ;););)
Wait, not everyone has roads like these all around their house?!

Ridemap.jpg

Back