International Warranty

bullsco

last winter after a fresh snow fall
Ride
Suzuki Boulevard
In researching the purchase of a New R3T I contacted Triumph HQ in Atlanta GA and actually just got off the phone with them. My question was two-fold regarding warranty. 1) If I were to purchase new in the states (hypothetically Buffalo NY) would the warranty transfer internationally and be functional at a dealer here in Ontario. 2) I posed the same question for a used machine.

His answer was without hesitation as he offered the bike is an Internationally sold bike so the warranty knows no real boundaries. If I bought it in the states it would be functional in Ontario without question. If I bought a used bike, the same would hold true as long as there was some of the "original" warranty left on the bike at the time of purchase, that remaining warranty would transfer.

update: spoke to Inglis Cycle in London On who seemed to offer the same information and corroborate what HQ said...

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does this sound accurate?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
You should take it up with Triumph direct. Sounds like the dealer's spinning you a load of bull sh1t.

Not here....he says he is not going to work on bikes he doesn t sold....and Triumph knows this because there were several claims down here ....of course is the dealer bull**** ...but he have no option ..
Would you take your bike to a place that is not happy serving you? .....:confused:

warranty

Bullsco , I bought my bike, a new 2010 R3T in the U.S too. ( Canandageua New York) and was told the warranty would cover the bike in Canada.
I was also told the same thing by G.P. bikes in Ajax ,Ontario.
Fortunately I have never had any warranty issues and the bike has been flawless.
So I never had any reason to go back.
I was never really worried about it as I am not that far from the dealer I bought it from in the U.S.
By the way,I saved a lot of money buying it in the U.S if thats what you are thinking of doing.

Back