Extended Warranty

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
I am considering getting one. Weighing what are the chances within 6 yrs of a costly problem.
Would appreciate your input on problems with your r3 within a 6 yr period of the age of the bike. Thanks!!!

Beware of fine print, they usually exclude a lot of things that don't sound important, but can be, on cars, like seals, I know a couple people burned on that, lot of seals in transmissions and turbos

Th
Beware of fine print, they usually exclude a lot of things that don't sound important, but can be, on cars, like seals, I know a couple people burned on that, lot of seals in transmissions and turbos
Thanks Tripp, the one I am considering states all seals covered.

I am considering getting one. Weighing what are the chances within 6 yrs of a costly problem.
Would appreciate your input on problems with your r3 within a 6 yr period of the age of the bike. Thanks!!!

Generally extended warranties are not worth the high price tag and I personally never choose to purchase them. It's a personal choice, but as Tripps said, read that fine print real close if you strongly considering buying one.

Generally extended warranties are not worth the high price tag and I personally never choose to purchase them. It's a personal choice, but as Tripps said, read that fine print real close if you strongly considering buying one.
That is why asking for repair occurrences. I plan on keeping for 6 yrs. Will rack up miles. If this was a Honda, no. But....
I do not do my own wrenching other than oil change, so dealer fixing anything probably pays for 4 yrs warranty added.

Beware "breakdown" fine print too. Doesn't matter what goes wrong, unless it actually breaks down they don't want to know you.

And if you know something is going wrong and you keep riding till it does break down, they say you contributed to the problem, goodbye.

Beware "breakdown" fine print too. Doesn't matter what goes wrong, unless it actually breaks down they don't want to know you.

And if you know something is going wrong and you keep riding till it does break down, they say you contributed to the problem, goodbye.
I am getting detailed description of covered and non covered components.
They mention other warranties don't cover seals that leak but they do. Will bdcareful. Thanks!!!

@maurice
i am used to dealing with those contracts some good and some bad.
I can take a look at if u want
i would suppose u would want it to start after the dealer stops

they usually have a period that they won't cover like the first two months and x number of miles so i would overlap with dealer warranty.

Back