Extended Warranty

they usually have a period that they won't cover like the first two months and x number of miles so i would overlap with dealer warranty.
Sent you text.
About to purchase. But waiting on 1 questions answer..
Undered "WHAT IS COVERED show transmission.
Under NON COVERED SERVICES states transmission service.
Thinking the later is maintenance, former broken. Will see.

Last edited:
Sent you text.
About to purchase. But waiting on 1 questions answer..
Undered "WHAT IS COVERED show transmission service.
Under NON COVERED SERVICES states transmission.
Thinking the later is maintenance, former broken. Will see.

i had some stuff going
looks ass backward to me
i would get it clarified be for i signed

Our bikes have transmission fluid, right? Needs to be changed, right?

eng/motor share the same fluid at least on the older r3s i think the same on the new ones
so when u change oil that takes care of both. i like to change mine at 5000 miles (instead of 10,000)so i have fresh fluid for the clutches.

eng/motor share the same fluid at least on the older r3s i think the same on the new ones
so when u change oil that takes care of both. i like to change mine at 5000 miles (instead of 10,000)so i have fresh fluid for the clutches.
Just sent text to him waiting clarity on that, maybe put in contract all trans work!

You pretty much always feel like a sucker getting the extended warranty LoL but it's case-specific, no? Like you said, if it's a Honda then the answer is no. I've owned a Valk, a Magna, and learned to ride on a CBR, all were absolutely bulletproof. But with the Rocket - and no disrespect to the Brits who make them - I was entering uncharted territory. A new generation of Rocket with so much tech and an engine the size of which has never rolled off a factory floor before, there's a lot that can go wrong. And besides changing the oil or other simple tasks, I'm no genius with the wrench. So I sprung for the extended warranty - the extra 4 years after the 2-yr. factory warranty expires. Like you said also, the devil is in the details and I am satisfied that the warranty I selected will cover everything I need it to cover. I plan to keep this bike a long time, and so in this case I wanted the peace of mind that an extended warranty can give. I sound like the brochure, I know, and I don't always spring for these things, but it's cool this time, I think. Guess we will know whether or not I wasted my $$$ in 5 or 6 years LoL!

You pretty much always feel like a sucker getting the extended warranty LoL but it's case-specific, no? Like you said, if it's a Honda then the answer is no. I've owned a Valk, a Magna, and learned to ride on a CBR, all were absolutely bulletproof. But with the Rocket - and no disrespect to the Brits who make them - I was entering uncharted territory. A new generation of Rocket with so much tech and an engine the size of which has never rolled off a factory floor before, there's a lot that can go wrong. And besides changing the oil or other simple tasks, I'm no genius with the wrench. So I sprung for the extended warranty - the extra 4 years after the 2-yr. factory warranty expires. Like you said also, the devil is in the details and I am satisfied that the warranty I selected will cover everything I need it to cover. I plan to keep this bike a long time, and so in this case I wanted the peace of mind that an extended warranty can give. I sound like the brochure, I know, and I don't always spring for these things, but it's cool this time, I think. Guess we will know whether or not I wasted my $$$ in 5 or 6 years LoL!
My reasoning exactly!! The details are perfect, no chance they can get out of something going wrong as it is written very clearly. Company saleman added an extra sentence for my peace of mind on not covered part showing "transmission service" , he put "this does not pertain to mechanical trans failure". I'm good. My only concern is company is 6 yrs old. What if they go bankrupt? screwed.

My reasoning exactly!! The details are perfect, no chance they can get out of something going wrong as it is written very clearly. Company saleman added an extra sentence for my peace of mind on not covered part showing "transmission service" , he put "this does not pertain to mechanical trans failure". I'm good. My only concern is company is 6 yrs old. What if they go bankrupt? screwed.
Yeah with extended warranties you are always taking a chance, bruh. "Am I wasting my $$$?" "Will it cover the thing that actually goes wrong or will they find a way to weasel out?" But f*ck it. In a world full of four-wheeled monstrosities, we ride these beautiful machines, right? That means we are already risk takers LoL. Besides, we paid 20+ thousand dollars for these new gen Rockets, right? I mean, who does that??? Haha. What's an extra thousand dollars or so to protect such an outrageous investment? Might as well do it!

Back