Exhaust Sound Laws in progress....

Hi,

Just bought my 2006 R3 on Long Island, NY, and imported back to the Great White North, in Montreal. In the importing process one of the things they want to check at the federal inspection ('cause there's also a provincial inspection to pass) is that the bike passes the EPA 80 dBa standard. They do this by looking for permanent markings somewhere on the exhaust. Can't seem to find them. Can someone tell me where these are ?

Thx

xian
The stock mufflers have it etched into the chrome almost underneath where it is hard to see.

Our whole country is going to $hit on all fronts because we kiss the asses of the FEW!
WTF?!?! Time to start knocking heads, perhaps. More ***in' stupid laws ain't the answer.
JMHO - I could be wrong - - - NOT!

7827_1154426618396_6002789_n.jpg
Last year i saw a few motorcycle cops out with their decibel meters. I don't think they even knew how to use them. :confused: I looked at them they looked at me and we both started to laugh ,like WTF will they bust Joe publics ba!!s with next. I noticed they always set up near the center of town or in a heavily populated area. Personally i have pasted the straight pipe scene back in high school, not to say i don't like a nice sounding rumble on my RK.. It took awhile but i think with the Bassani Xhaust i've found the perfect sound. :thumbsup: JMO:cautious:

Last edited:
Pretty darn quiet!
They be sitting out there just waiting for a nice curb hit to fubar them up.

Back