Okay guys, here is the quicky report. Sorry for the flash! :whitstling:
That bike is WAY too clean.

Are those Outlaws? - if so they suit the Classic. One thing I have to say I really like about Dave Platt's pipes is how he reduces the gap twixt exhaust and the footrest cover plate.

For me it would be a tough decision between Paul's headers and the CES.

Aesthetically - Paul - no doubt at all. But there is something to the CES shape - (moving the curves forward of my pants leg) that would attract me.

I run modified Jardine headers with Sam's (He of Predator fame) THUGS. Old Photo

full

I'd get shot if I splashed out on MORE pipes.

That bike is WAY too clean.

Are those Outlaws? - if so they suit the Classic. One thing I have to say I really like about Dave Platt's pipes is how he reduces the gap twixt exhaust and the footrest cover plate.

For me it would be a tough decision between Paul's headers and the CES.

Aesthetically - Paul - no doubt at all. But there is something to the CES shape - (moving the curves forward of my pants leg) that would attract me.

I run modified Jardine headers with Sam's (He of Predator fame) THUGS. Old Photo

full

I'd get shot if I splashed out on MORE pipes.
That is a great looking ride! It must have taken a while to get all the nice accessories in place to your liking.
I try to keep my bike clean for the rides we take with our HD friends just so I don't have to ride in the back of the pack, lol! We rode last weekend on a benefit ride with about 40 bikes and I think we were the only 2 wheeler that wasn't a Harley. There were some spyders and slingshots in the group. We have a great time and most folks congregate around the R3 and druel a little.
These are not the Outlaw Pipes but they are similar. They are the DP "Custom Twins". I am not sure what the differences are but the Outlaws will not fit the R3 Classic according to Dave.
banana.gif

That is a great looking ride! It must have taken a while to get all the nice accessories in place to your liking.
These are not the Outlaw Pipes but they are similar. They are the DP "Custom Twins". I am not sure what the differences are but the Outlaws will not fit the R3 Classic according to Dave.
Good info on the pipes - thanks. As for my bike - it's an ever evolutionary thing and she's changed a bit since then.

I try to keep my bike clean for the rides we take with our HD friends just so I don't have to ride in the back of the pack, lol! We rode last weekend on a benefit ride with about 40 bikes and I think we were the only 2 wheeler that wasn't a Harley. There were some spyders and slingshots in the group. We have a great time and most folks congregate around the R3 and druel a little.
banana.gif
Only difference I can see with the Outlaws , is that the set up is exactly the same as the triumph Tors with link pipe , the cans seem about the same size as yours . With the Outlaws on the Roadster , all heatshields fit straight back on as standard !
20170214_124306.jpg
20170208_145101.jpg

YOU only need ! slipon thats free flowing for the best performance and looks
That is very true , but to those of us that just have to have the aesetics of a twin pipe , the link is a necessary evil . Even if it does cost a couple of ponies !

Only difference I can see with the Outlaws , is that the set up is exactly the same as the triumph Tors with link pipe , the cans seem about the same size as yours . With the Outlaws on the Roadster , all heatshields fit straight back on as standard !
20170214_124306.jpg
20170208_145101.jpg
WHATS the cost of that system ?

One last detail for installation guidance for anyone that searches on this thread: A little trick from racing: get some muffler paste. put that on some tin foil. put that under the clamp before you use the heat wrap. it will get you a perfect seal.

Back