foxviewnet

With foxes we must play the fox!
Ride
2007 Rocket iii Classic 2006 Yamaha Vmax
Hey guys, I am getting ready to install the exhaust that I ordered from Dave Platt. I did the removal today of the stock exhaust and noticed that there are copper mesh/wrap gaskets between the exhaust connections with clamps making the seal complete. Any suggestions of the type of exhaust mesh/wrap that needs to go back with the new pipes and where to purchase? Thanks in advance for any information!:)
Chris
20171015_185312.jpg

If you haven't received the exhaust yet, you might want to wait on buying the exhaust gaskets as the Platt system may fit different than the OEM system.

If you haven't received the exhaust yet, you might want to wait on buying the exhaust gaskets as the Platt system may fit different than the OEM system.
Can't speak for the whole Platt range , but mine was a straight fit using the original gaskets !

I installed Dave Platt mufflers and used the copper OEM gaskets that came off the stock mufflers. Worked out fine. Since ordered the crossover pipe from Dave that gets rid of the baffle box in the middle for improved flow and sound.

I installed Dave Platt mufflers and used the copper OEM gaskets that came off the stock mufflers. Worked out fine. Since ordered the crossover pipe from Dave that gets rid of the baffle box in the middle for improved flow and sound.
Mine came with the crossover pipe too. Glad to get rid of the big toaster under the frame!
I was a little leary of the stock gaskets as they might not hold up being 10 years old. Probably would be okay after all.

Mine came with the crossover pipe too. Glad to get rid of the big toaster under the frame!
I was a little leary of the stock gaskets as they might not hold up being 10 years old. Probably would be okay after all.

I agree, wait untill you receive the system from Dave P. My shorty system didn't require any of the original gaskets as they were sleeve fits with clamps. Other comments regarding the system:
  • Fitted system on a Saturday morning, all parts fitted together perfectly with no issues
  • The weight difference between new and original systems was 25lbs
  • The exhaust sound and noise levels were very different from the standard system
  • Noise level was very much higher on idle and could be described more as a growl
  • Above 3,000rpm it was a triple cylinder symphony....
  • Had dealer instal TORS tune

Attachments

• IMG_6253.jpg
    IMG_6253.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 2
Back