How Do You Answer the Question???

Gregger

Living Legend
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
Almost every time I pull into a gas station or public place with my Roadster I get questioned by people about it. They ask me;

1. How many ccs does that thing have?
2. How many cylinders does it have?
3. Is that a 6 cylinder?
4. Is Triumph making motorcycles again?
5. Is that thing fast?
6. How big is that gas tank?
7. What type of motorcycle is that?

Invariably after the small talk, I simply say "It's a ROCKET" and many people respond, "I bet it is!!!"

What about you?

Almost every time I pull into a gas station or public place with my Roadster I get questioned by people about it. They ask me;

1. How many ccs does that thing have?
2. How many cylinders does it have?
3. Is that a 6 cylinder?
4. Is Triumph making motorcycles again?
5. Is that thing fast?
6. How big is that gas tank?
7. What type of motorcycle is that?

Invariably after the small talk, I simply say "It's a ROCKET" and many people respond, "I bet it is!!!"

What about you?
And lately the final response from a lot of admirers is, "Man that thing is sick"! Not quite sure what that means but I assume it is a complement.

The one thing i really like about the Rocket is when i pull in for gas in town folks like to talk. I pull into town with the FatBoy they Lock their doors. Really prefer the first No matter how many questions are asked.

Same questions over here, strangely... but the eyes always glaze over when I try to explain it was 2.3L and is now a 2.5L :)I

I tell them it says 2500 but it’s actually 2458cc; that it has twice as much torque as a Harley. That it does 0-60 in 2.5s. That , NO!, it was not “like $50,000!!!” (amazing how many people
Straight up just ask me how much did you pay for that thing) That I absolutely love it. I tell them I spend A LOT of time at gas stations answering these questions… for a couple reasons.
And most of the time they do say “Siiiiiiiiick!” That is “American-” surfer/skater/millennial for “That’s a very nice motorcycle why is my girlfriend looking at you like that.”

Last edited:
I don't get as many questions as I used to. Not sure if my bike scares people or what!? My last bike, a blue Sprint 1050, would get lots of questions.

The one thing i really like about the Rocket is when i pull in for gas in town folks like to talk. I pull into town with the FatBoy they Lock their doors. Really prefer the first No matter how many questions are asked.
Why on earth would they lock their doors? I did get that 35+ years ago when riding my old Shovelhead, before H/D became more a fashion statement than anything.

Back