Engine light on

At the RAA last weekend my engine light came on. Looked down and noticed the gear indicator was showing I was in first gear. I was really in fifth gear at the time. After three restarts the light went off and the indicator went back to normal.

Any ideas what happened in my situation? Do I need to clean the gear shift sensor or something?

If it's a '10 to March '13 Roadster, it's probably the beginning of the end for your GPS, and cleaning does nothing.
This thread may be of help;
Triumph Rocket III Community

image.jpg

Solder and heat shrink

image.jpg

All good so far.

Is this maybe another bike with a problem with the gear sensor? If the light comes on when you switch gears, it's probably that and may be caused humidity creeping in the sensor, especially if else, absolutely nothing goes on, no funny noises etc.

Is this maybe another bike with a problem with the gear sensor? If the light comes on when you switch gears, it's probably that and may be caused humidity creeping in the sensor, especially if else, absolutely nothing goes on, no funny noises etc.

O2 sensor.

Link Removed

Look at that super-low MAP sensor pressure - those big cylinders sure suck down a lot of air at 1100 rpm!!

Back