TriumphR3Newb

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic
I have some engine guards that I am wanting to install. I went to loosen the top bolt that holds the engine (yes I had a jack under it to hold the engine up)to mount the guard but I could not get that bolt out no matter how much pressure I could put on it. Am I missing something? Any help or suggestions on pulling that bolt would also be greatly appreciated.

I have some engine guards that I am wanting to install. I went to loosen the top bolt that holds the engine (yes I had a jack under it to hold the engine up)to mount the guard but I could not get that bolt out no matter how much pressure I could put on it. Am I missing something? Any help or suggestions on pulling that bolt would also be greatly appreciated.
play with the jack (sounds wrong dont it?)find the sweet spot where bolt is loose

play with the jack (sounds wrong dont it?)find the sweet spot where bolt is loose

I installed guards several weeks ago after getting my Rocket. I used my lift to straighten the bike vertically, not to lift the bike or engine.....then I used the small scissor jack from my car under the very front bottom edge of the engine block, I put a small board between the block and the jack. I raised the jack just a couple turns to take pressure off the long engine mounting bolt. When the bolt turned fairly easily then it was easy to drive it out with a long screwdriver.

PS I am sure I learned this method from someone on the forum but can't remember who it is that should get the credit. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
I installed guards several weeks ago after getting my Rocket. I used my lift to staighten the bike vertically, not to lift the bike or engine.....then I used the small scissor jack from my car under the very front bottom edge of the engine block, I put a small board between the block and the jack. I raised the jack just a couple turns to take pressure off the long engine mounting bolt. When the bolt turned fairly easily then it was easy to drive it out with a long screwdriver.

PS I am sure I learned this method from someone on the forum but can't remember who it is. :thumbsdown:
get with @warp9.9 on tightening bolt back up if bike dont "track"right going down the road straight

Those who have fitted the gard, can you post a photo.Thanks.

20180330_120701.jpg
20180324_124413.jpg

I'm not trying to be funny, but there is a nut on one side. Both of mine came out with no jack. One dropped after I removed the bolt, the other did not. Maybe too much tension from the jack?

Back