Engine Code P0315 error - SOLVED!

Hi, do you know with the unlock speed limit the top speed? Thank's ✌️
The latest version of TuneECU as of last week (v 5.6.02) lets you remove the speed limiter without paying for the full Pro version (there's an extra charge but not sure what it is). Announcement was on the TuneECU FB page.

Last edited:
So for the 3 people interested, I worked out that the function is implemented in TuneECU, and worked out the procedure by reading the service manual.

For anyone else with the same issue, TuneECU just triggers the crankshaft position adaption routine. I suspected it did as it let me run it, and if I cancelled it, the ECU disconnected me and I had to reconnect. I just didn't know the procedure, which needs the engine running (duh) and in my mind the thought of redlining the bike in neutral didn't sit well with me. However, from the service manual:

4. Hold the throttle fully open within 60 seconds of being prompted by the diagnostic tool. Do not close the throttle until instructed to do so by the diagnostic tool.

Note
• Upon holding the throttle open, the engine speed will increase and decrease in cycles at approximately one cycle per second. The cycles are repeated until the crankshaft position adaption is complete.
• Adaption is typically completed after the fourth cycle.
• You will be prompted to close the throttle when adaption has completed.
• The diagnostic tool will allow the test to operate with the throttle held open for a maximum of 10 seconds (approximately 10 cycles). If adaption is not completed in this time, the test will stop and you will be prompted to close the throttle and turn the ignition OFF. Note any on-screen messages and investigate the cause before attempting to restart the test.

5. Close the throttle when prompted by the diagnostic tool.

So I did it and yes, it revved up and down 4 times and stopped, and then Tune ECU told me to let go of the throttle and turn off the ignition for at least 120 seconds. On restart, code was cleared. Huzzah!
Tried to follow your great descriptions on a 2020 Rocket TFC after loading a new map to the ECU, the catch is that I do not have the segment to "adapt crankshaft", throttle and shifter adaption yes, but no crankshaft....Did the 15 min run several times, re- installed the map and no joy....teying to figure out if perhaps an older version of tuneecu would work.....otherwise I will have to ride to the dealership 45 miles away and have them use their tool....any thoughts would be appreciated....many thanks

Tried to follow your great descriptions on a 2020 Rocket TFC after loading a new map to the ECU, the catch is that I do not have the segment to "adapt crankshaft", throttle and shifter adaption yes, but no crankshaft....Did the 15 min run several times, re- installed the map and no joy....teying to figure out if perhaps an older version of tuneecu would work.....otherwise I will have to ride to the dealership 45 miles away and have them use their tool....any thoughts would be appreciated....many thanks
It should be under "ECU" and "Tests and Adjustments" from memory? You're looking for "Crankshaft Position Adaption". It's definitely in there in TuneECU somewhere!

So for the 3 people interested, I worked out that the function is implemented in TuneECU, and worked out the procedure by reading the service manual.

For anyone else with the same issue, TuneECU just triggers the crankshaft position adaption routine. I suspected it did as it let me run it, and if I cancelled it, the ECU disconnected me and I had to reconnect. I just didn't know the procedure, which needs the engine running (duh) and in my mind the thought of redlining the bike in neutral didn't sit well with me. However, from the service manual:

4. Hold the throttle fully open within 60 seconds of being prompted by the diagnostic tool. Do not close the throttle until instructed to do so by the diagnostic tool.

Note
• Upon holding the throttle open, the engine speed will increase and decrease in cycles at approximately one cycle per second. The cycles are repeated until the crankshaft position adaption is complete.
• The diagnostic tool will allow the test to operate with the throttle held open for a maximum of 10 seconds (approximately 10 cycles). If adaption is not completed in this time, the test will stop and you will be prompted to close the throttle and turn the ignition OFF. Note any on-screen messages and investigate the cause before attempting to restart the test.

5. Close the throttle when prompted by the diagnostic tool.

So I did it and yes, it revved up and down 4 times and stopped, and then Tune ECU told me to let go of the throttle and turn off the ignition for at least 120 seconds. On restart, code was cleared. Huzzah!
Hello bro , good day to you , it seems you sort it out very well , iam having the same issue after resetting my triumph tiger 900 adaptation values , its throwing me a P0315 code & cruise control , done everything to clear it but not in luck , iam using a OBDSTAR MS80 motorcycle professional tool which i bought for 2600$ , my all bikes & my friends are happy with it , it provides us all the solution , but just stuck in this triumph tiger , will appreciate if you can guide me how to get rid of it !

Hello bro , good day to you , it seems you sort it out very well , iam having the same issue after resetting my triumph tiger 900 adaptation values , its throwing me a P0315 code & cruise control , done everything to clear it but not in luck , iam using a OBDSTAR MS80 motorcycle professional tool which i bought for 2600$ , my all bikes & my friends are happy with it , it provides us all the solution , but just stuck in this triumph tiger , will appreciate if you can guide me how to get rid of it !
Sorry to hear you have hit a wall in this, but the problem with tools that can do most things on most bikes is they may not do very specific things with one brand. If you can’t find a crank sensor adaption routine for Triumph, may be faster and cheaper to buy an OBDLink LX (the cheaper supported BT adapter less than $100) and TuneECU ($25) on and Android phone or tablet, as you know it supports the routine.

Thankyou bro , does the tuneecu have crankshaft adaptation reset option , ive downloaded it and tried to connect with an ELM327 v.1.5 usb connector but its not connecting with it , is there any other way out to calibrate crank sensor manually ??

Thankyou bro , does the tuneecu have crankshaft adaptation reset option , ive downloaded it and tried to connect with an ELM327 v.1.5 usb connector but its not connecting with it , is there any other way out to calibrate crank sensor manually ??
TuneECU has it, but won’t let you do it until you pay and it’s registered (takes about 24 hours). And I don’t know about using it with a cable…

TuneECU has it, but won’t let you do it until you pay and it’s registered (takes about 24 hours). And I don’t know about using it with a cable…
So you did crankshaft adaptation through a Bluetooth connector ??

or post nr 5 Engine Code P0315 error - SOLVED!
Adjustment of the crankshaft position with the Android version of TuneECU:
Field report for clearing the DTC P0315 on Rocket 3 (2500 ccm)..

The following field report is from "gadgetho", a user from the TuneECU forum Home | TuneECU.

For anyone else with the same issue, TuneECU just triggers the crankshaft position adaptation routine.
I suspected it did as it let me run it, and if I cancelled it, the ECU disconnected me and I had to reconnect.
I just didn't know the procedure, which needs the engine running (duh) and in my mind the thought of redlining
the bike in neutral didn't sit well with me.

But here is an excerpt from the service manual:

When you execute the crankshaft adaption (you must be in neutral) the app ask you to start the motor and bring the engine up to the required temperature. (The engine temperature is displayed in the app, the temperature must be below 75°C (70-72°C) before the start of the process). Once the engine has reached this temperature, the application will prompt you to fully open the throttle...

Hold the throttle fully open within 60 seconds of being prompted by the diagnostic tool (APP). Do not close the throttle until instructed to do so by the diagnostic tool (APP).

Note

• The diagnostic tool will allow the test to operate with the throttle held open for a maximum of 10 seconds (approximately 10 cycles).
If adaption is not completed in this time, the test will stop and you will be prompted to close the throttle and
turn the ignition OFF.
Note any on-screen messages and investigate the cause before attempting to restart the test.

Close the throttle when prompted by the diagnostic tool (APP).

So I did it and yes, it revved up and down 4 times and stopped, and then Tune ECU told me to let go
of the throttle and turn off the ignition for at least 120 seconds.

On restart, code was cleared. Huzzah!

you must buy blueetooth obd adapter, obd mx+ or lx version from amazon or whatever you like. OBDLink® MX+ - Outstanding Bluetooth-Compatible OBD II Scan Tool
then you must buy tuneecu regular version (atleast)
tune ecu now only is on android platform, so you must get an android tablet or phone.
Tuneecu has no more windows version. All windows versions are outdated and are being used for older bikes.

Back