Engine Code P0315 error - SOLVED!

So I loaded the Penner tune yesterday with TuneECU, it loaded fine. I am not sure which version of the instructions I was reading, but it talked about resetting the adaptations, which I did, and now the bike is throwing a crank position code, P0315. It also threw a cruise control code, but the TuneECU instructions to reset that worked. I can't, however, clear or reset the P0315. I think it was because the bike took too long cranking after the reset, I instinctively stopped and restarted the cranking and twisted the throttle, which you shouldn't do. Tried resetting the adaptation again and doing the 15-minute idling procedure, no change. A thread on the TuneECU forum suggests only the dealer can fix it (Alain said that).

Further reading suggests it should‘ve been a load and just ride it process as the ECU adapts automagically. Annoyed at myself...

Any ideas? Bike actually rode ok, I took it for a ride (around 30km) thinking a run might clear it.
You had issues after flashing penner map?
My friend flashed his rocket 3R in Australia with pro version and unlocked speed limit and no issues.

My friend flashed his rocket 3R in Australia with pro version and unlocked speed limit and no issues.
I had "issues" because as I mentioned I reset the adaptions (when I didn't need to) and I interrupted the startup which threw out the crank sensor. Easy fix in the end, but I should have just flashed it and ridden it...

Saw someone on the TuneECU boards had the same issue so I thought I'd share the fix. TomTom has added it to the TuneECU FAQ as well...

I had "issues" because as I mentioned I reset the adaptions (when I didn't need to) and I interrupted the startup which threw out the crank sensor. Easy fix in the end, but I should have just flashed it and ridden it...

Saw someone on the TuneECU boards had the same issue so I thought I'd share the fix. TomTom has added it to the TuneECU FAQ as well...
thanks for clearing up

I am having trouble with my 07
Can u explain?
Did not recognizing the crank sensor
Eliminate the coils and or the injectors working?
Any thing else not working?
How did u know that the ecu was not reading the crank sensor?

I am having trouble with my 07
Can u explain?
Did not recognizing the crank sensor
Eliminate the coils and or the injectors working?
Any thing else not working?
How did u know that the ecu was not reading the crank sensor?
You probably have a different problem. I deliberately reset the engine adaptions using TuneECU which resets a number of sensors and subsystems such as fuel, cruise control and the cranks sensor. The crank sensor wouldn’t have been an issue except halfway through cranking the engine I stopped and restarted, which threw out the calibration. The procedure above resets it.

Made an account just to say THANK YOU to gadget_ho and others. I have a 2020 765 RS in the US and **** near bricked the ECU when changing back from a tuner’s map to stock. I was able to recover via TUNE ECU but got this P0315 code. Fb groups were useless, happy to find forums still useful as ever. Did the crank position sensor calibration, what an exhilarating experience reading the anecdote here and holding the throttle wide open lol. Check engine light has gone away and the bike is good as new. THANKS

Made an account just to say THANK YOU to gadget_ho and others. I have a 2020 765 RS in the US and **** near bricked the ECU when changing back from a tuner’s map to stock. I was able to recover via TUNE ECU but got this P0315 code. Fb groups were useless, happy to find forums still useful as ever. Did the crank position sensor calibration, what an exhilarating experience reading the anecdote here and holding the throttle wide open lol. Check engine light has gone away and the bike is good as new. THANKS
Great news! Glad my cautionary tale helped someone else. Nice handle btw…😂

Hi, do you know with the unlock speed limit the top speed? Thank's ✌️

Back