Effect of windshield

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
More aptly put, Effects of wind shield and more torque needed

So after a bit, I finally got my Clearview windshield installed and it does the job nicely. What I didn't expect was the impact it seems to have on performance. Or maybe it is just deceaving because speed isn't felt at all behind the screen, no air rushing by. But I can definitely feel the bike slow some when shifting from 2nd to 3rd, like 50-60 mph, like there is a push back for a moment. And is seems that accelleration is slowed a lot when rolling on the throttle.

Anyways my engine struggles between 2000 and 2500 rpm in 3rd thru fifth. I try not to run in this area but between traffic and towns it always seems that I get in that area, like in a 40-50 mph zone.

Engine is still stock, does installing Ram Air and Tors help the region below 2500 rpm. In reviewing the torque curves, there is a nice increase in torque once the engine gets to 2500 or so,but the climb is rather steep from 2000 rpms.

Looking for advice on improving the range from 2000 to 2500 or should I just shift more.

Would richening up the AFR via a PC5 and having it dyno'd in all 5 gears show better pulling power if I leave it stock? Or will the Ram Air and Tors be needed as well to bring her to life more.

Thanks

Hoopla

i have had a large shield on mine since i bought it so i guess i am use to it. i do not have a lag it just keep pulling. of coarse it pulls more at 3500 than it does at 2500. i have run it up to 125 and see no problems with the shield except in the blowing gusts of wind.

There 2-2.5 K rev range. I have a teensy stutter in 1st. I think it's a F/L switch value issue. As well as anti-decel pop tradeoff. On it!.

Mine pulls very smoothly from 2000 to 2500 even two up. I run a very tall windshield, and yes it does kill acceleration some. Actually mine doesn't pull $hit right now, it's in a million pieces

Mine in the 2000 2500 rpm range in 3rd to 5th sounds like a bucket of bolts and pull poorly. Again my engine and exhaust is stock, does gaining the extra low end torque with the Ram Air and Exhaust change help this low rpm rattle? I would say my engine currently doesn't smooth out till 3000 rpm and up, where it pulls well.

I think that the very lean conditon doesn't do anything good for smoothness at the lower rpms, is that so? Would going richer smooth out the lower rpm rattle noise?

thanks

Hoopla

Back