Triple Trouble

The Duk of death
Orchard Beach. Ont. Canada , London England
Ride
'05 Rocket III '73 Norton Commando 65 Norton Atlas
I've finally got the details ironed out for a fork upgrade. This info is courtesy of Wayne Tripp and I'm just passing along the information. The first is a very simple spacer which is placed under the spring and helps control the damping. You need to cut the top pre-load tube by the same amount as the spacer length. The second variation should be self explanatory. Following is from Wayne:

"We have since machined a few "spacers" that tighten up the clearances on the bottoming cone piston a bit more than just using thick walled tubing. This improves the dampening even more. NO, I do not want to make more, but the details are below.

1.) Easy and cheap - 1.5 in. OD tubing, .200 wall thickness, 1.575 in long.
OR,
2.) Machined for closer clearances - 1.522 OD, .955 ID, 1.575 long. - add .125 in wide by .050 deep slot along outside.

Place on top of bottoming cone (underneath spring), and cut 1.575 inches from pre-load tube above spring. Cut less if more pre-load is desired. If using Progressive springs, you will need to cut for the pre-load in addition to what Progressive recommends for the spring used.

-Wayne"
( according to the instructions I got with the Progressive springs they are a drop in with no cutting of the spacer required so if you try this mod you will need to cut the top spacer by 1.575")

Back