Easy Brackets - Fitting

Hepco & Becker use there own bracket for mounting their bags. These attach to the bike at three points, two on the guard and one at the pillion footpegs. They are probably the srongest and most secure system around, and the bags can be removed just bu inserting and turning a key.

I no longer use mine because I have Mittzy's mods and so I have installed EasyBrackets and different bags.

Has anyone used the Easy Brackets with stock leather panniers? I considered fitting the panniers direct to the Easy Brackets but also have the factory accessory chrome /// pannier cages that need to be attached to the stock pannier frames. I ended up fitting the stock frames with attached cages to the Easy brackets but only using the two matching mounting points. I did note the Easy Brackets instructions stated that all four mounting points must the used to attach the panniers. My panniers are fixed in five places to the stock frames.

Has anyone had issues with the same setup as mine? My main reason for the Easy Brackets is to facilitate pannier removal for cleaning/maintenance. I have removable bag liners so it is already easy to unpack and load luggage.

Back