Don't You Just Love Forums?

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
I do. When I go a browsing the threads it just makes me feel so lucky. 😄 I read about all the problems owners are having with their bikes, and I don't doubt them or call them whiners, but I just feel lucky. I might have had a few issues with a Harley , Indian or Triumph but I have never had ALL the same problems that I read about. So Forums can make you paranoid thinking that you might get the same problems or make you feel good about your bike.

I do seriously like to hear of the solutions to the issues just in case I do find myself one of the unlucky ones.
G' Day.

You got that right Mel. We all learn so much about our bikes and how to solve problems. This forum is full of really intelligent folks that are willing to share their experiences. What could be better ? ... Well winning a 100 million dollar lottery might be, but for now, this forum is my lottery win.

There was a thread on the rat forum about 2002 Sprints having bad castings on the crank and breaking. I posted gee, I have a 2002 Sprint, hope it doesn't happen. Yup, cursed myself, one week later. Triumph would donate parts, catch was only if I paid a dealer to rebuild engine . Thanks for nothing. Rocket ate transmission, just like many others. 2001 TT 600 had bad fueling and starting issue no apparent fix, another well known problem specific to that year and model

I am here to learn about it and help some if I can, some issues could be common, some others can be very isolated, but at the end, nobody is writing every time to say they bike started great today and how amazing it was, we have our absurd happy smile under the helmet when riding... and most times one will be posting in a forum when an exception to the norm is found...

Makes me wonder why I have such incredible luck with non-problem bikes, and absolutely none for routine wrenching on same. It must be me.......

I ever tell you the one about changing the oil in my 99 Trophy and putting 4 fresh quarts of Mobil 1 on the garage floor? It's gotta be me.....

Makes me wonder why I have such incredible luck with non-problem bikes, and absolutely none for routine wrenching on same. It must be me.......

I ever tell you the one about changing the oil in my 99 Trophy and putting 4 fresh quarts of Mobil 1 on the garage floor? It's gotta be me.....
My mechanic called me once, said how many quarts does this Rocket take? I said 5 1/2 to 6. He said he could only get 1 1/2 quarts and it showed full. I said you drained the oil tank, right? He said ****. Never mind and hung up.

My mechanic called me once, said how many quarts does this Rocket take? I said 5 1/2 to 6. He said he could only get 1 1/2 quarts and it showed full. I said you drained the oil tank, right? He said ****. Never mind and hung up.
And you're giving him money to work on your bike...???

I am here to learn about it and help some if I can, some issues could be common, some others can be very isolated, but at the end, nobody is writing every time to say they bike started great today and how amazing it was, we have our absurd happy smile under the helmet when riding... and most times one will be posting in a forum when an exception to the norm is found...
I rode yesterday. She started right up, as usual. Out riding I "had to" pass a few cars on a favorite backroad twistie and thought, if they know bikes (Harleys, etc.) they must be wondering what the hell that was that just shot by. This bike is as perfect as perfect can be- never mind the final drive that went out and other lesser issues, including that it eats tires for breakfast. It's a pretty fine machine....

Who here hasn't done that? :oops: :)

There was a thread on the rat forum about 2002 Sprints having bad castings on the crank and breaking. I posted gee, I have a 2002 Sprint, hope it doesn't happen. Yup, cursed myself, one week later. Triumph would donate parts, catch was only if I paid a dealer to rebuild engine . Thanks for nothing. Rocket ate transmission, just like many others. 2001 TT 600 had bad fueling and starting issue no apparent fix, another well known problem specific to that year and model
Have you ever considered changing brands permanently old mate!
Lookin' at your 'ride list', that big 'T' appears large in your Troubles. ;) :inlove:roll::roll::roll:

Back