Don't You Just Love Forums?

I do. When I go a browsing the threads it just makes me feel so lucky. 😄 I read about all the problems owners are having with their bikes, and I don't doubt them or call them whiners, but I just feel lucky. I might have had a few issues with a Harley , Indian or Triumph but I have never had ALL the same problems that I read about. So Forums can make you paranoid thinking that you might get the same problems or make you feel good about your bike.

I do seriously like to hear of the solutions to the issues just in case I do find myself one of the unlucky ones.
G' Day.
So true! So when an incident occurs, like my fob not always connecting to start the bike, I was making others happy!😁
I am curious about out transmissions being they have different design from the flawed older models.🤞🤞🤞

My mechanic called me once, said how many quarts does this Rocket take? I said 5 1/2 to 6. He said he could only get 1 1/2 quarts and it showed full. I said you drained the oil tank, right? He said ****. Never mind and hung up.
You never went back, right?

Actually, he's a good friend and lifelong motorcycle mechanic, everyone does a bonehead move once in a while.
My dad was a master carpenter, but an old laborer told me one of the funniest stories about him. He was up on a scaffold cutting something, and old Henry tried to tell him he was cutting through the plank he was standing on. He said I know what I'm doing, Henry, relax. He cut through the plank and down he went. Henry always said " I done told that man, but he just wouldn't listen to me".

I think it depends. Took bike to a motorcycle shop to have brake pads replaced along with tires. 1.5 miles down the road brakes locked up! They towed me back, bled again, then worked fine. I won't go back.

Last edited:
My mechanic called me once, said how many quarts does this Rocket take? I said 5 1/2 to 6. He said he could only get 1 1/2 quarts and it showed full. I said you drained the oil tank, right? He said ****. Never mind and hung up.

wow, this is why I wrench my own cars and bikes.

Back