Done...for now

Can I have the details of who you got to make the screen. I am on the Mornington Peninsula.

Al
They look like a good place to go for an acrylic screen. But if you want a fibreglass XL version of the OEM fly Dave Gill in the UK makes them and you already have the Fork fixing kit brackets to fit. You can sell your OEM clear sports screen and chrome brackets if you wish or keep for summer. A simple 4 bolt swap over.

Approx. Au$275 delivered to Australia. It looks like he has closed down his own Rockes Patches website and only sells via eBay now. This is only a sideline to his main job in the home heating industry.

GRP fly screen with curve in black gloss gel polished finished extra large, stainless steel laser cut brackets, custom made bolts in steel black chrome bolts, black nylon washers, stainless steel nuts.

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii Grp fly screen XL | eBay

Last edited:
The bike looks great.

I like the tail light assembly. Where did you get that?

Another thing to look at are the headers. You will get a big power increase by replacing them. I have the Viking headers which are well tucked away and beautifully finished. The only downside is extra heat as there is no heat shield. This apples to all headers though. Nothing too serious though. Well worth the cost.

The bike looks great.

I like the tail light assembly. Where did you get that?

Another thing to look at are the headers. You will get a big power increase by replacing them. I have the Viking headers which are well tucked away and beautifully finished. The only downside is extra heat as there is no heat shield. This apples to all headers though. Nothing too serious though. Well worth the cost.

Yeah...the headers are in the budget for next year...I've already overspent so will need some time to get the savings up...I do have a few bits to sell so maybe sooner.

As for the tail light, I made it up myself...used the tail light to make up a plate with the same shape and curve then just bolted it through the same holes. This gave me a surface to mount the number plate holder and indicators (which are also brake and tail lights)

What I like about the screen I have, I specified a small up turn at the top. This really helps with air flow and reduces the negative pressure which tends to pull you forward.
I rode this morning on the highway to work with my open face helmet and just my normal glasses (toughened lenses) and there was no strain on my eyes.

Back