Do you ever think about...

wow this brings up some great memories growing up in the 70's my first bike was a honda cl 100 can't remember the year but rode that bike around for years and thought wow this thing is fast now you compare it to todays bikes how the hell did i ever ride that thing that far !!

Dave...you meanspirited individual...I bet that skateboarder went home crying. This type of intimidating bike with all that power should be banned.

Dennis

49 dtg Dubai
50 dtg London

147 dtg Dubai
148 dtg Home (Triumph motorcycles buying time)

48cc and just over 1hp of pure unrestricted power
This looks like my first motorbike... er... moped, back in 1963 :rolleyes:. A Swiss-made Rico with a french (Lavalette?) engine. Like yours, it had bicycle pedals on it. But unlike yours, it did not even have a rear suspension. I of course souped it up to death, enlarging the cylinder intake and exhaust ports, raising compression, fitting a larger carb, etc.

I even installed clip-ons on it :D

Best. Jamie

48cc and just over 1hp of pure unrestricted power
This looks like my first motorbike... er... moped, back in 1963 :rolleyes:. A Swiss-made Rico with a french (Lavalette?) engine. Like yours, it had bicycle pedals on it. But unlike yours, it did not even have a rear suspension. I of course souped it up to death, enlarging the cylinder intake and exhaust ports, raising compression, fitting a larger carb, etc.

I even installed clip-ons on it :D

Best. Jamie

Batavus Moped(made in Holland) pure stock does about 20mph with my fat arse on it my daughter can get it to hit about 30mph, Jamie the rear suspension is only for looks mu spine has compressed 3"(7.5cm) since I started riding it.
Daryl I drive big red to Biker Burger for our Tuesday meetings next time if you feel up to the challange I will let you take it for a spin. My sisters have gone home so if you still need me give me a call(I forgot to call you back:confused:)

Yes, I still need you. I'll give you a call. And, I'm sure it's a great ride but I think I'll take a pass on riding the moped. lol

I had fun on the smaller bikes of my youth and they all provided the "escape" I longed for as a hellian and malcontent. I have the engine I want now, just want a six speed transmission to go with it :rolleyes:.

wow this brings up some great memories growing up in the 70's my first bike was a honda cl 100 can't remember the year but rode that bike around for years and thought wow this thing is fast now you compare it to todays bikes how the hell did i ever ride that thing that far !!

Old Honda 150 Dream, I think, that belonged to my Uncle, rode it every chance I got and then he bought a Honda 750-Four and I thought that was the fastest thing on planet earth. We were all just happy to be up on two when we were young and cc or speed did not matter. It was the freedom in the wind.

the old bikes had character! my first bike was a 72 kawasaki 500 triple 2 stroke! that little bike was fast! mild porting done, it was hard keeping front end down! handled like a school bus! turns taken too fast would result in a trip into the weeds, then I got a 82 yamaha 1100 maxim, another sweet bike, but the drive shaft jacking was bad, next was 85 kawasaki 900 ninja, it was pretty fast, but the leaned over riding position got old quick, amazing how technology has increased the power! the new 600s are as fast or faster than my 900, then had the hardley experience! 94 lowrider custom! looked nice, sounded good, ran like poop! made the mistake of having a 102" motor built by zippers, lasted 2yrs. blew up, only 3500 miles! of course out of warranty! that engine, trans, clutch cost me 15,000 biggest waste of money ever spent! onto 05 yamaha VMax! ran great, handled terrible, and that seat ouch! but burner, and at 100 miles a gas station better be close or ur walkin! traded the max on a new left over 08 phantom black R3 and I have to say its been my best all around bike! fast, handles well, comfortable for trips. a unique motorcycle! funny how some of the younger riders give me the confused what in the heck was that look when i fly by! over the summer on RT 219 a kid flew by me on an R1, he had shorts on, tshirt up around his neck, bareback, no helmet, tennis shoes! i caught up to him and passed him in the slow lane at 150, he gave me a stunned look! I backed off to 100 and he came rippin by again! this time with a thumbs up! I waved and let him go by! his bike has much more top end and aerodynamics too! Bummer Season is all about over here! :(

Back