Disabling an Alarm

i should never post at the end of the day works much better after i have had my coffee in the morning.
was working fingers with brain disengaged.:laugh:

One of the reasons to buy another Rocket is to once again connect with the friendly and helpful Rocket riders out there. Sooooo...

I've got about 6300 on my 2009 and thus far the alarm is just an irritant. I'll take it to Triumph of Seattle to do the 10K service in the spring and ask them to remove the alarm. Until then.....

Sensfan, if you can scan and send it to me as a PDF file I'd appreciate it. Sleeves, I'll let you know and ditto on appreciation. DEcosse, I downloaded your post as an image and the entire thing mystifies me. The problem Sleeves had is exactly what I want to avoid. So for I've had no issues with the alarm other than I hate having to deactivate it every time dismount for a few minutes and having to disable to ride again to start.

I generally don't like bike alarms. My 2002 Harley Super Glide had one but my son disabled it before he gave it to me. I've just seen too many Harley riders who had the top of the line Electra Glide Ultras and were stuck in a parking lot, pushing a key fob trying to get their machines to start, but to no avail. Not for me.

To me the Rockets are very basic, very unique, very powerful and desirable high performance machines that have uncluttered electronics. The Tourings are a wonderful upgrade of the Classic/Roadsters for long range comfortable rides but with still bad ass performance. I view aftermarket ad ons such as an alarm as unnecessary and something that can only bring problems along the way.

I'll take it to Triumph of Seattle to do the 10K service in the spring and ask them to remove the alarm.

The 10K is not really complicated, you can do it yourself and probably save yourself a few hundred dollars. If you need help I am sure there are a couple of people close to you (Olympia is one) that can give you a hand or you can motor over to the dry side and we can swap lies sea stories for a day. I have the service sheet as a PDF so I can email it if you want.

bob

upload_2017-10-18_20-26-29.png

upload_2017-10-18_20-27-38.png

One of the 1st jobs was to remove my Datatool alarm after buying my Rocket...Datatool alarms are the work of the Devil and should be burnt:evil::mad:

I left mine on, have had no issues, but it does keep IDIOTS from trying to sit on my bike to take a pic. We could see him from the patio we were sitting on, he was going to do it until the alarm went off....probably a Sportster rider trying to get a pic while on a real bike:whitstling::x3:

Back