Digital speedometer

Do we know a application for iPhone with speed and rpm, good enough to replace the real thing?
Torque.

At least it's available for proper phones, you'll have to ask Steve Jobs if you can have it on your iPhone. :D

Hello group

The plan is to change for digital kit.
Do you think that will work on my 2006 tr3?
Thanks for your advices

Hi mate
Be sure it can be done before getting the DD system. I have a R3 and can't find anyone to work out how to put the DD MCV-7400 on my 2010 R3. They say the CANBUS is the issue. Check out the new system is CANBUS compatible.

Hi mate
Be sure it can be done before getting the DD system. I have a R3 and can't find anyone to work out how to put the DD MCV-7400 on my 2010 R3. They say the CANBUS is the issue. Check out the new system is CANBUS compatible.

Read Post#2

Check out the new system is CANBUS compatible.
@Franx6 has a pre CANBUS bike.

You could consider the phone solution - BUT - Make sure it is legal where you are. And make sure the display is legible in daylight.

TFT legibility in m/c (and car) displays has proven to be a real issue for more than one mfr. They require a very different set of parameters to a "smart" phone type display. Hell, some of us will have seen that even M/C satnav display are near invisible in strong sunlight.

Outside - you need VERY high contrast and do not require complex 32 bit plus colour rendition. In fact LCD or e-ink would be a far better visibility medium on the whole. But it is not as pretty, so ----------------- OLED is probably the way forward.

I am VERY concious of this issue, as I have just been forced (Mrs B insisted) into changing car and it came with a TFT dash. I will admit (reluctantly) that do quite like having a digital Speedo. But longevity really concerns me.

Last edited:
I saw some unit working only by satellite.
Interesting...
Direct GPS displays - Yup, they are an option. BUT - ime there are some drawbacks.
My Guzzi now runs via GPS. So I have more than just an inkling of how it works.

Unlike in a plane - the GPS signal does not have unfettered line of sight to the receiver. And the "cold start" syndrome can result in delayed pick up.
The leaders in so called "dead reckoning" (which is the best solution) are u-blox. they are one of the top GPS chip suppliers in the world. Found their chips in all sorts of kit.
They are Swiss. Their website gives a very technical overview of the problem. Explaining sampling reference and urban canyons.

Back