Speedometer Repair

Kevin M

Standard Bore
Ride
07 R3
Hi, I have a 2007 Rocket 3 Classic. The speedometer has failed. Has anyone had one repaired? Who did the work for you? Thanks

I tried on my 05. It is electromechanical. Not like the old ones we grew up with (cable spins a needle.
$400 at teh dealer or find a salvage one

Thanks guys.In doing research I found a place called Powls Speedometer in PA and they say to send it to them, they may be able to fix it. I told them that it was from a Triumph motorcycle and that didn't seem to be an issue. You guys think this is a waste of time?

Thanks guys.In doing research I found a place called Powls Speedometer in PA and they say to send it to them, they may be able to fix it. I told them that it was from a Triumph motorcycle and that didn't seem to be an issue. You guys think this is a waste of time?
It would be nice if we could find someone who could repair them. They are becoming scarce. If you do send it in keep us in the loop !

I had mine replaced 4 years ago. Dealer wanted to replace the tach too. I told them just to replace the speedo. Cost was about 400-500 bucks as I recall. If you replace it, there is no way to reprogram the new one with your old mileage. Upside, you get a brand new bike!
I would give Powls a shot (assuming you're not on the hook if they can't fix it).
Let us know how it works out for you.

First issue regarding any repair of the instrument is that you cannot get into the module - it is fitted inside the shell, then the facia bezel is swaged on - dont know how you get into that without damaging the original part -they may have replacements but you might ask if/how they tackle that before even getting into the electronic repair

i was able to get into the speedometer fairly easily with only minimal damage to the chrome beveled lip around yhe gauges face. was glad to see no visible burn or scorch marks of damage. And definetly out of my skillity to tackle on whats wrong.But thank the lord this post was found to see about POWLS...i live only 40 minutes away! they seem to even possibley be able to dial in my odometrr to accuratley catch up to my newly swapped in used engines mileage! will update if this is a promising easter egg;)

Back