Speedometer quite need help

Ddodge80

.020 Over
Ride
06 rocket3
Hi everyone!
I got home from work today and it's been a ****y day. So i decided to ride my 06 r3 i stopped to fuel up after leaving the station my speedometer decided to stop working
The millage still displays but the needle stays on 0mph and the millage doesn't change. I also noticed that when i turn the key on the millage screen stays blank and no lights light up not untill i actually start the bike. I have no clue what could be causing this any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi everyone!
I got home from work today and it's been a ****y day. So i decided to ride my 06 r3 i stopped to fuel up after leaving the station my speedometer decided to stop working
The millage still displays but the needle stays on 0mph and the millage doesn't change. I also noticed that when i turn the key on the millage screen stays blank and no lights light up not untill i actually start the bike. I have no clue what could be causing this any help would be greatly appreciated
Sadly, it sounds like the electronics in the speedo are going south. They fail in various ways. Usually they start out with the trip meters going back to zero when the key is turned off. Because the board in the speedo also controls some aspects of the tach, it may start acting up also. If it is the board in the speedo, replacement is your only option. You could also check all fuses. Make sure there are no after market fuses with the little LED "I'm burned out" indicator in them. They cause problems. Also follow the wiring from the speedo and check all plugs for corrosion.

Sadly, it sounds like the electronics in the speedo are going south. They fail in various ways. Usually they start out with the trip meters going back to zero when the key is turned off. Because the board in the speedo also controls some aspects of the tach, it may start acting up also. If it is the board in the speedo, replacement is your only option. You could also check all fuses. Make sure there are no after market fuses with the little LED "I'm burned out" indicator in them. They cause problems. Also follow the wiring from the speedo and check all plugs for corrosion.
Thanks i will do that when i get time to fool with it
I was thinking replacement was probably in order
And yes i have been bite by the led fuse before i never forgot that lesson

Did not know (or remember reading?) about the LED fuse... Thanks for the reminder "just in case"...
Have a GREAT Weekend!
-MIG

Had to replace the speedo in my 2005 R3. Dealer tried to tell me I needed to replace the tach and speedo at the same time. I going from memory now, but I think it was around 900 bucks. Told him to order the speedo only. I said "if the tach is bad once we install the speedo (it seemed fine), we will order one". New speedo fixed the problem. Took about 2 1/2 weeks to get here though.
Bonus item, they do not have a way to reprogram the speedo with your current mileage, so you get a brand new bike with 0 miles on it!
Make sure you record the current (estimated) mileage somewhere.

Had to replace the speedo in my 2005 R3. Dealer tried to tell me I needed to replace the tach and speedo at the same time. I going from memory now, but I think it was around 900 bucks. Told him to order the speedo only. I said "if the tach is bad once we install the speedo (it seemed fine), we will order one". New speedo fixed the problem. Took about 2 1/2 weeks to get here though.
Bonus item, they do not have a way to reprogram the speedo with your current mileage, so you get a brand new bike with 0 miles on it!
Make sure you record the current (estimated) mileage somewhere.
Sounds like that dealer was trying to fek ya !

So i had a little time this evening to check the fusses they are all good. Figures i rarely get that lucky. So i guess next i will trace down the wires check the connections. On a positive note i was able to fix the front left turn signal that quite and found the annoying rattling noise i have been hearing. Chrome cover on bottom of radiator was loose

So i had a little time this evening to check the fusses they are all good. Figures i rarely get that lucky. So i guess next i will trace down the wires check the connections. On a positive note i was able to fix the front left turn signal that quite and found the annoying rattling noise i have been hearing. Chrome cover on bottom of radiator was loose
You still have the problem???

Back