Designing a new rear fender - winter project

That turned out nice. How did you run the wiring to it?
Thanks. I'm very pleased with how it's turned out. To me it looks 'factory' which i'm pleased about.

I know that it doesn't look so 'dragster' anymore, but to be honest i'm more focussed on the practical everyday functionality so decent fendering has priority.
I think it looks more trad than rad, but I'm good with that.

The wiring loom.......Hooked it out from under the hugger in the area behind the pillion foot pegs (left side) and it connects in that area. I've tried to protect the connector by way of a 2 inch piece of clear PVC tube which should help to keep the water spray away from it.
The part of the loom that finishes inside the light housing, is guided along the underside of the new fender and once it's in the area directly below the pillion seat area, it runs through a hole and into the area where the battery is sitting (below the rider's seat). It then is fed vertically downward to meet the connector just behind the pillion foot peg.
So it's just the stock loom. No mods to it. So the bike can be changed back to stock very easily if needed.
It was pretty fortunate that the stock loom was long enough to work just right with the revised routing. I didn't want to have to cut the loom, extend it or make a new one.

Last edited:
Here's a few more shots from different angles........

Resize of IMG_20230415_140947a.jpg

Resize of IMG_20230415_140756a.jpg

Resize of IMG_20230415_140737.jpg

The front fender looks to be extended also. I bet it helps keep crud out of the rad. All good.
Yes. I made a front extender too, but in reality I should have just bought one as they are pretty cheap and easy to get hold of online.

Yes. I made a front extender too, but in reality I should have just bought one as they are pretty cheap and easy to get hold of online.
I've seen some little short ones but like how yours is wider and longer. o_O

I keep watching your bike for mods. The way you blacked out the radiator cowl and front fender supports. Now the fenders are really jelling. I'd bet the Lamonster rack would fit nicely on your custom supports. I guess with my limited skills the Trik rear fender and still undecided exhaust maybe Vandemon. I'd like to replace that short stubby front fender with something longer at the front and rear. When I ride on the sand it throws it right up in my face and all over the back side. When it's wet forget it. Mud pie faces.

@stingray
Yeah, mine is longer. That's true.
I really wanted to try to max out the protection but trying hard not to spoil the over all styling of the bike.
There isn't much clearance space for a long extender when you take into account the flex/movement of the stock front fender and the suspension travel. When the front end is compressed, the front tyre is quite close to the radiator cowl.
I'm a little bit concerned about my extender because it hugs the tyre quite closely and the flex in the fender means that it could rub on the tyre a bit......time will tell on that one.

Last edited:
Back