Dealer Servicing? How Crucial?

CvSisinthehouse

Supercharged
Hello mates, back to Captain status after about 100 days without a Rocket. Just got a 2016 Roadster for very cheap. Anyhoo, what do you all do for your "scheduled services" . I see in the handbook they recommend 1 month, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years etc. Do most of you do these? Or just tighten up anything that squeaks? What about changing the oil after the first 500 miles? Thanks for any advice.

Yes, change the oil @ 500 miles, & check cables for stretch/slack, coolant level, freeplay @ bearings, brake fliud level, & generally all over check for leaks - I like to run over all of the bolts & nuts every 3,000 miles or so to make sure none have loosened up - after that the maintenance service schedules are every 10,000 miles

Hello mates, back to Captain status after about 100 days without a Rocket. Just got a 2016 Roadster for very cheap. Anyhoo, what do you all do for your "scheduled services" . I see in the handbook they recommend 1 month, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years etc. Do most of you do these? Or just tighten up anything that squeaks? What about changing the oil after the first 500 miles? Thanks for any advice.
I had the dealer do the 500 mile and annual service, with me doing the oil changes. It was relatively cheap @ $100 per service, and most importantly got the dealer service stamp in the maintenance log. Now that I am out of warranty, I do ALL the maintenance.

Repeatedly check and tighten all bolts for the first 6 month to year!
Oil change to full Syn at 500 miles. Save copious quantities of money by doing your own services!

R3_service sheet.jpg

How crucial is the fork oil change and fuel hoses @ 30k? The hoses are easy. The forks, hummmo_O
mine is 12 years old and the fuel hosses never been replaced, replaced the fork oil a few years back due to hitting a brick on the hiway on my way to RAA in Maggie Valley,

OK, if I'm going to open up the forks, progressive springs are going in. Mine is 10 this year, 30 some thousand miles, no problems except for some early block sweating. The forks r not leaking so I'll leave them alone, so will the hoses. Thank you Lupe, just saved me a couple of hunderd dollars. :thumbsup:

Back