Day Bag to suit Rack on Roadster odd shape bars on rack. Crappy design.

Wooof

Standard Bore
:confused:Hi all,

I'm enjoying my first three months of owning my 2010 Roadster. It makes me grin everyday i ride it too work, and cry with joy when i blast through the hills on the weekend.

issue is that i had the local dealer fit a rack and back rest which is different to the Triumph configurator. I am having trouble finding a suitable small day back to strap to the rack as it has a weird set up and missing areas making it hard to stap bags too.

Can someone who has the same rack give me some direction to what bag they might use, i have bought 2 now off ebay only to find as i dont have the full bar at back the straps slip and goes loose. See attached picture. :confused:

photo.jpg

Welcome aboard mate. I have the same set up as you and use an RJs Expandable Explorer Rack Bag. Most bike shops sell them. Didn't cost a lot, has a waterproof cover and holds a lot of stuff, especially when expanded. Its easy on and off, stays put and can sit on the pillion seat or the rack. Make sure you put the stiffeners in if you get one.

Welcome to the site Wooof,
I see you've been a member for a few months and just now posting,
nothing wrong with that.
Glad you decided to loosen up and join in this malay we call socializing.
Lots of good folks and good advice here.
lets see some more pictures.
skip

I know and have seen a genuine Triumph bag that is purposely designed for the rack, at the time I thought it was too expensive and tried to find an alternative. Didn't find a suitable alternative so tried to buy a Triumph bag and now can't find one??

I guess they are discontinued as I can't find them on any sites???

The one I saw was at Triumph Springwood over a year ago...

Yes, I am a bit miffed too, stupid shape???

:(

Kuryakyn roll bag

Girlfriend bought me a Kuryakyn roll bag that fits over sissy bar and rack!
Very easy on and off. I am happy with this bag, it takes less than a minute to install, does not move. Good luck with your Roadster. I recently purchased a 2011 over the winter, put 3,000 trouble free, pleasurable miles on it already!

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 178
Thanks for reply's

Hi guys, thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I'm deffinetly going to check our the Rjays and River bags.

I best look for a post on front brake squeel, as mine is suffering it badly. I've had it back to the dealer after 2000kms to have them clean it. They said it was just excess brake dust, but now i look into it, it appears to be a common problem.

Extremely annoying when braking at low speeds.

Oh and as requested here you go xhdskip a pic of the roadster a week after i got it, went to Tassie and had some Pancakes at the Elephants Pass, rained all trip.

Attachments

• IMG_4021.jpg
    IMG_4021.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 662
Back