tires

I ran a ventus 245/50/16 at 40psi back in 05 and it worked very nice. You have to try different air pressure till you get one that feels right. Higher air pressure is better than lower though. And dirt/gravel roads and fat tire bikes don't mix to good. It will take all your superior flying, riding skills just to walk away!!
rockenrobert
gotta see the world, it will only take a mintue
Link Removed

Rocket Ride with a car tire

100 Miles on My car tire (Riken Raptor 225/50-16) tried 29 PSI and counter steering was a must. I up'ed the PSI to 32 and the tire handles great. I am pleased with the tire and its performance. I have'nt pushed really hard through the twisties, but I am getting more confident with it. The overall ride is great. Straight line take off through the gears is where the this car tire Shines. I suppose I was spinning when jetting thru the gears. Now with the car tire the Rocket is getting down the road much faster. will keep everyone updated.

That tire looks great, Dewrag. I have been surprised to find my R3 will spin that big car tire sometimes when I hit it hard in first gear. The cool thing is that I can hear it squealing when it happens, unlike the metz. It doesn't spin but a couple of feet before it bites in. I have also heard it chirp when I hit second hard! The metzeler would just spin a lot without making any sound.

That tire looks great, Dewrag. I have been surprised to find my R3 will spin that big car tire sometimes when I hit it hard in first gear. The cool thing is that I can hear it squealing when it happens, unlike the metz. It doesn't spin but a couple of feet before it bites in. I have also heard it chirp when I hit second hard! The metzeler would just spin a lot without making any sound.

Wilbur:

Silence is golden in more ways than one.

I have spent the last week experimenting with different tire pressures and shock settings. Went back to 36 on the rear and 3 on the progressives, and it feels very good. With the rear shocks set on 2 it will bottom out sometimes when 2 up. I thought it was too bouncy at 36 at first, but now it feels more solid in a tight turn. Countersteering effort does not seem any different now. I don't know if the tire kind of breaks in to the bike, or I'm just used to it.

Countersteering effort does not seem any different now. I don't know if the tire kind of breaks in to the bike, or I'm just used to it.

Wilbur's last words, I am bereaved to report. Said words were eventually (in Sep.2008) deciphered from frozen, blood-written inscriptions on a car tire carcass drifting a few nautic miles away from the South Pole:eek:

Dewrag, that really does look good. 225 you say?

Wilbur, how many miles did you put on it before upping it to 36? You were running 30 PSI weren't you? I really do like the looks of the AVS ES100. Give me 6 months and I'm going over to the darkside myself. I get my handle honestly.

Last edited:
Back