Damaged crankcase with pictures -- FIXED

Interesting going back over the comments of welding cases...
I bought this engine out of a crashed bike & as you can see the gear linkage was torn off the casing 😳
The bike 2016 roadster had only 1600k's on it when crashed (mite as well say new) so got it for the right price & was originally going to use it for a rebuild on my 06 when needed some day.
Anyhow I thought I'll get someone to have a go at welding the broken bit back on...dosen't look pretty but worth a crack (hmmm hopefully it doesn't) & see how we go.
Putting engine back together now & will update down the track if all successful. ✌😎

hopefully the linkage will line up and not leak.

ps
if it done
Oooops had to edit & wipe part of your reply 😅
Yes your right bent selector shaft, under $200 for a new one & needed the fork selector as well. Not too costly of an exercise really.
Needed a hone to get needle rollers in selector shaft hole. Heat from welding slightly distorted it.
All gears selecting ok 👌
Plan is to get it running on the bench for the real test.
Will update at that stage 😎

Interesting going back over the comments of welding cases...
I bought this engine out of a crashed bike & as you can see the gear linkage was torn off the casing 😳
The bike 2016 roadster had only 1600k's on it when crashed (mite as well say new) so got it for the right price & was originally going to use it for a rebuild on my 06 when needed some day.
Anyhow I thought I'll get someone to have a go at welding the broken bit back on...dosen't look pretty but worth a crack (hmmm hopefully it doesn't) & see how we go.
Putting engine back together now & will update down the track if all successful. ✌😎
Welder did a good job considering what he had to work with.

I'm new to this thread. I'm trying to understand what broke it in the first place ? I always leave my standard down when strapped into the trailer, figuring if the right hand straps failed it might at least stay upright. Is that what broke this one off ? I don't see how that's possible. If you pulled the straps down to far it wouldn't break the standard, the bike would just start listing to the right. Am I missing something here ?

Back