Damaged crankcase with pictures -- FIXED

TURBO200R4

stand up straight and grab the world by the a$$
Ride
07 rocket III classic
Interesting going back over the comments of welding cases...
I bought this engine out of a crashed bike & as you can see the gear linkage was torn off the casing 😳
The bike 2016 roadster had only 1600k's on it when crashed (mite as well say new) so got it for the right price & was originally going to use it for a rebuild on my 06 when needed some day.
Anyhow I thought I'll get someone to have a go at welding the broken bit back on...dosen't look pretty but worth a crack (hmmm hopefully it doesn't) & see how we go.
Putting engine back together now & will update down the track if all successful. ✌😎
hopefully the linkage will line up and not leak.

TURBO200R4

stand up straight and grab the world by the a$$
Ride
07 rocket III classic
ps
if it done that to the case the shaft is probably bent

r3badboy

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3
ps
if it done
Oooops had to edit & wipe part of your reply 😅✌
Yes your right bent selector shaft, under $200 for a new one & needed the fork selector as well. Not too costly of an exercise really.
Needed a hone to get needle rollers in selector shaft hole. Heat from welding slightly distorted it.
All gears selecting ok 👌
Plan is to get it running on the bench for the real test.
Will update at that stage 😎

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Interesting going back over the comments of welding cases...
I bought this engine out of a crashed bike & as you can see the gear linkage was torn off the casing 😳
The bike 2016 roadster had only 1600k's on it when crashed (mite as well say new) so got it for the right price & was originally going to use it for a rebuild on my 06 when needed some day.
Anyhow I thought I'll get someone to have a go at welding the broken bit back on...dosen't look pretty but worth a crack (hmmm hopefully it doesn't) & see how we go.
Putting engine back together now & will update down the track if all successful. ✌😎
Welder did a good job considering what he had to work with.

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
I'm new to this thread. I'm trying to understand what broke it in the first place ? I always leave my standard down when strapped into the trailer, figuring if the right hand straps failed it might at least stay upright. Is that what broke this one off ? I don't see how that's possible. If you pulled the straps down to far it wouldn't break the standard, the bike would just start listing to the right. Am I missing something here ?