TriumPhil

Living Legend
Ride
'07 Mulberry Red, Carpentered & Bruted R3 Standard
Well, at long last, my Mulberry Mistress arrived today and I must say that she is all that I had hoped for and imagined. YeeHah, let the spending begin! Her baby pics:

Last edited:
Thanks! She is rather voluptuous, so it will be hard to keep my hands off of her!;)

New Baby

Beautiful Gal! What's her birth weight?:D I've always loved red/maroon! What are your plans for her (Inquiring minds want to know!!)
See you on the road!!

Thanks to one and all. The combination of my own enthusiasm over possessing The Mistress (or her possessing me, more aptly) and the excitement of my riding buddies, friends, family and forum-mates is palpable and nearly overwhelming. Nevertheless, she will be a garage queen( in our heated basement)until the next full riding season approaches when I will title, register, insure and pay the state sales tax due on her.

Between now and then I will add Triumph's crash bars and highway pegs, headlight oscillator and Kisan's Tailblazer and possibly their Signalminder, PIAA highway lights, 12V accessory plug + battery tender pigtail and Gi Pro's ATRE gear indicator. I'm nearly through reading the owner's manual and am searching for a hard copy of the service manual in order to become more intimately familiar with milady.

There are a couple of goodies left over from my dearly departed (totalled 9/14/09, R.I.P.) blurple beast, Blue Moon II, which was a fully tricked out '02 VTX 1800R, which shall live on once installed on the Mulberry Mistress including, Progressive 440 shocks and Kury's Kewlock grip-end helmet locks and Throttlebosses to accompany the existing ISO Grips.

When 'da baby was delivered yesterday I was, obviously, quite amped up to take her for a quick spin up and down my cul-de-sac. To my chagrin we got off to a rather inauspicious start as after a few sluggish cranks of the starter the battery proved to be virtually dead. Understand that it's 200' up a 12 degree grade to get to the flat top of my driveway, which I had spent about 6 hours over the prior night and day ridding of 5 1/2" of snow with an underlying layer of ice to prepare for my MM's arrival. Needless to say, I was more than a little bit p o'ed to have to push her nearly 800 lb birthweight, unceremoniously, up the accursed hill!

Once the seat was removed and battery compartment accessed, she was immediately connected to jumper cables and came roaring to life, allowing me to appreciate the beautiful note emanating from the Mad Dog slip-on exhaust system. I then took her back down to the street to give her a little exercise and no sooner did I straighten her out to prepare for her launching, when I hit about a 2' wide patch of meltwater and the rear tire startted to go sideways. Ooops, forgot about the whupass residing in that motor, had a brief "OMG" moment and righted her on her way up the road. [Note to self: Replace the Metz with a CT first thing next Spring!]

Then I go to shift into second gear with my heel only to find that the linkage for the heel/toe shifter had been adjusted by her previous slave to only shift via the toe end of the thing. Briefly, I thought that there was a major problem with the transmission and that she wouldnt upshift until it dawned on me that the toe end works in both the up and down directions allowing me to shift the old fashioned way. A one bolt adjustment will eliminate that problem, one which gave me a second, good ole' "OMG" moment within a matter of seconds.

The rest of the tale is all good. Da' baby is super clean, a strong runner and very quickly had me expend whatever adrenaline was left in my system as I raced her up and down the street, tears astreaming from my unprotected eyeballs in the 35 degree chill. I now look forward to our upcoming courtship dance and ultimately, after a decent amount of "getting to know you" drive time, to consumating what I trust will be a long and fulfilling relationship with my new mistress. Gleaning whatever knowledge and insight I can gain through you, my fellow captains will also be, no doubt, a rewarding and fun part of the entire affair.

I just hope that my wife will be patient, tolerant and understanding as regards the new lady in my life! How lucky am I to have two awesome ladies in my life?:D

Congrats on the new Rocket. Wow I sure like that color against the black motor!!! I hope you have a great time riding your new beast. Might want to wait until the weather gets better where you are!!

Definately no buyers remorse on your part. Have fun this winter fixing her up.

oldsprint03

Back