Cycle Sounds 3 speaker installation help needed

That's all sound system manufacturers in the world covered...

I can't really agree that this falls into the same category - there's stretching and use of peak vs rms etc
But this is an integrated system that their spiel suggests it is capable of 200W when it is incapable of even a fraction of that;
If they want to sell the speakers as standalone (no amp) and claim that they are 200W (or 100W ea) capable I have no problem with that;
(even if I'm doubtful you could run them consistently at that level)
but as integrated product kit, with an amp that cannot possibly deliver that, THAT is what is intentionally misleading.
To get 200W - even peak - you need to toss the amp and install a different one.

That's like Triumph saying an R3 is 400hp capable - of course it is, but not without spending thousands of dollars to get it there.

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been swamped setting up a new business. My friend who actually did the installation ended up installing a switch to turn it off and on, this lets me listen while the key is off so I don't have both the headlights and speakers going at once. Earbuds aren't an option for me. I camp whenever I can and love having music with me, speakers are great for backyard parties, campfires by the beach, when ****ing around in the garage or yard and while cleaning the bike etc. I did consider ear buds but it also seems like a safety issue, I want to hear my surroundings as well as tunes but don't worry, I'm not one of those people who blasts music and revs his bike for attention haha.

Since they were installed, I noticed that my bike will take about 5 seconds before I even hear an attempt to start it but when it makes any sound, it starts right away. Would this be a problem with the way it was installed; a problem with the starter or could it be somehow still sucking power from the battery even though the red led light isn't lit unless I flip the switch?

Thanks again guys, appreciate it!

Oh yeah, I'm not overly impressed with these speakers. After reading so many awesome reviews of them and considering the high price tag, I expected more. My old bike had Kuryakyn sound of chrome speakers and they were great, I'll be seeing my friend with the bike tomorrow and do a side by side comparison so stay "tune"d! :whitstling:

.... I noticed that my bike will take about 5 seconds before I even hear an attempt to start it but when it makes any sound, it starts right away....

Can you clarify what you mean please?
Are you saying sometimes you turn on key and get NO reaction - i.e. the gauges don't sweep, you get no fuel pump prime sound; and then it suddenly kicks in;
OR that you get all of the above, but then when you press start button, it does not immediately crank?

First issue would possibly be key-switch; second issue would likely be clutch switch.

The gauges sweep instantly after turning the key, all seems good there but there's a delay after pressing the ignition button. The closest dealer is about 5 hours away but I have some tech and mechanical savvy buds, I'll get them to have a look. If it were your bike, would you take it to locations where there's no phone signal or should I stay close until it's resolved? Thanks DEcosse!

That sounds like the clutch switch
Do you have after-market levers?
One quick test you can do is open up the adjustable span to the widest setting (furthest from bar) - see if that improves the situation

However low battery volts will also give same symptom (both sensed battery voltage and clutch switch interlock the starter relay via the ECU):
Once it does engage, does it crank at a good fast pace. or is it slow & laboured?

I do have after market levers, the thought of them being a possible issue didn't even cross my mind and they were put on roughly the same time.
It cranks at a fast pace, 1 time it was a littler slower. I'll Adjust the levers and get back to you. Thanks man!!!

If you find that it works when you open up the span, you can modify the actuating pin so it works at closer span settings:
just remove a few mm off the end of the pin and that will make the switch close with a shorter lever throw.

CluthSwitch 002.jpg

Back