Could it really be ?

For every action there's an equal and opposite re-action.
Some one some where will find a way into, or around it.
Bet ya boots on that one.
Well I guess / hope so.

One Euro4 thing - Before and after "cat" Lambda. Major PITA even when Factory Spec.
IIRC A couple of Triumphs did/do? have locked down CPU's that not even dealers can reset.

My mate who does Guzzis tells me that having been to Italy - (he's Italian so gets more info than most) - He is NOT EVEN GOING TO TRY.
So far pretty much every aftermarket pipe I have heard about for Euro4 Guzzi bikes actually makes them run worse.
tbh I am not really looking but so far I hear of nothing but disappointment.
I suspect a piggyback device is pretty much the only way. UNLESS CanBus gets in the way.
And here - The big nail in the coffin for new bikes - is noise. The cops know what a new bike should (not) sound like.

Wait a couple of years or 5 and with a bit of luck the energy density issue with electrics will be sorted.
We'll all be wearing microphones with loudspeakers fitted - going Brum, bruuuum! and making tyres squeal.

Update ! On day 2 of the preview ( yesterday ) , the all new R3 WAS presented to a select few . It is definitely on the way altho no dates been announced yet . The stealers privy to the viewing were sworn to secrecy so don't tell anyone !
It's definitely coming boys and girls . :)

Update ! On day 2 of the preview ( yesterday ) , the all new R3 WAS presented to a select few . It is definitely on the way altho no dates been announced yet . The stealers privy to the viewing were sworn to secrecy so don't tell anyone !

WAS? Any idea what that might mean?

I hope you can grow a good set of whiskers between now and xmas 'Santa Nath'?....it's like..i'll show you a quick glimpse of a parcel...but you aint getting no more looks or any info....hehehe...
fc081b1bdd3be49d084afe0f42339066--vintage-motorcycles-triumph-motorcycles.jpg

After watching the actual video introduction, not just seeing the still image, it seems my contact was correct. He said actual announcement next spring, well, that's all lining up. The Daytona 765 has been removed as 2019 possibility and Triumph are announcing some new bikes in Spring, for sure, so the push from October to April or so is all shaping up to be true...

Easy answer to the locked down ECU, remove it. Problem solved.

Last edited:
Back