Could it really be ?

Easy answer to the locked down ECU, remove it. Problem solved.
So remind me - what happened to the new ECU project? - Plain fact is that that is WAY beyond the scope of 99.99999999999999% of folk.

I would hate to be a vehicle mfr now. Firstly I think the markets are uncertain - but worse still, politically FICKLE. Now if you are called VAG or PSA then you probably have massive lobbying potential. But even so - some unilateral political decisions can truly F*CK OVER your business model.

Was chatting to the owner of our only metro dealer this morning and their (Perth locals will know Bill) senior sales rep is at the launch and was sending top secret pix back of the new one in the flesh...she wouldn't say anymore but abruptly stopped talking when i asked if it really did look like a Diavel :roll:

So remind me - what happened to the new ECU project? - Plain fact is that that is WAY beyond the scope of 99.99999999999999% of folk.

I would hate to be a vehicle mfr now. Firstly I think the markets are uncertain - but worse still, politically FICKLE. Now if you are called VAG or PSA then you probably have massive lobbying potential. But even so - some unilateral political decisions can truly F*CK OVER your business model.

Project got put on hold but isn't over. All funds are being diverted elsewhere at the moment.

WAS? Any idea what that might mean?
It means the bike is existing in it's final guise and not just an artist's impression on a screen . This would indicate that the tooling has been made and a production line set up . It has been presented as the machine that is being released other than just a concept . I seem to remember the Diaval being first introduced in a similar way , there were rumours , sneak pictures and suddenly it was there . I believe this will happen with the Rocket also !

Well Nat, you seem to be the 'mole' in the know at the moment. The only remaining question is when?? ;);)
No , no sir , I have no powers of premonition , nor a window into Triumphs PR department . Just a good pal at a large dealership , who on his own admission is kept largely in the dark but has been told enough to not dismiss the fact that the new R3 is possibly not still a pipe dream . That coupled with snippets from other members here rings a very positive note ! I don't even know why I am so excited , I couldn't afford one anyway . I will just have to hiss and look on green eyed at those that will be able to and say nah didn't want one of them , I prefer my old roadster , it's gonna be a classic ! :notworthy: :notworthy:

She also said they won't trade mine on a newie cos they know how it gets ridden :eek::whitstling:
But surely they want to know the gearbox is solid. Or maybe :sneaky: they know it's NOT!. :unsure:

It means the bike is existing in it's final guise and not just an artist's impression on a screen . This would indicate that the tooling has been made and a production line set up . !
Given that they are talking about the TCS idea - I think production tooling might be a bit previous. They will have custom fabricators who have a near limitless budget (in real terms). Any fool can make a bike look "spec" with skills and money.

Back