Corbin fastgun saddle / Rivco solo luggage rack

If you do order a seat from Corbin I hope you have better luck than I did. I ordered one last year and never received it. I wasn't charged for it, but I had an e-mail with an order number. I just said piss on it and decided I'll go another direction later.

I had a great experience, I ordered it 4 weeks prior to a long ride I was going on. I didn't figure I could get it in on time, but I figured I had been wanting one for so long that if it came in on time, it would be a bonus. I got it in right at the 3 week point. You need to remember that they make the seat on an as ordered basis for the most part. I assume some mass production goes on for bike like an HD Fat Boy or something, but you would like to customize your materials and colors anyways.

Make sure to call them and order. Do not order online. Pick your seat colors and materials before calling and ask about discounts. I got a military discount. All they had to do was send an email to my military address and have me reply.

I am very satisfied with my Fast Gun. I wish I had ordered it 3 years ago. My butt doesn't fall asleep anymore and even my 1000 mile trip one week after getting it was a huge improvement. By the end of the trip, it was broken in and it was even better. Make sure to get the Saddle Cream. It treats the leather and makes it softer to the touch. I could feel the difference through my jeans.

This Corbin seat (don't know the model or anything else, got it used) takes up a good bit of the fender:

That's a Triumph "tall" seat back/rack on the rear.

Rick

The Fast Gun seat appears to have a reasonable front lip on it. Does anyone know if the Triumph tank protector would interfere with the fitment of this seat?

I don't have the protector, but the lip only goes up less than an inch from the stock seat. It's an illusion due to the lower pan and deeper cut.

Additionally, you can talk to corbin and ask them to trim it down a bit since they custom make it anyways. I don't think there is a charge for something that simple. They were not going to charge me to move the seating pocket back while they made it, but they will definitely charge you to modify it later.

Back