Corbin Beetle bags VS Rear dresser Bars

Rocket03

Standard Bore
Does Anyone Knows if the rear dresser bars will fit with the corbin beetle bags.

Since the price is so high for the bags, I would like to protect them a little.

It's been awhile since I talked with them but there was a time when Rivco wanted to borrow an R3 w/Beetles to try to design something to solve this need. May be worth a call to them to see if something is in the works: http://www.rivcoproducts.com/products/home.php

If they do I hope they are more substantial than the front ones. I can bend mine with my bare hands and I'm far from being a BMF. Are they all that way or did someone put a cheap set on mine ? If anybody has a set that might actually help in a crash, where did you get them ?

If they do I hope they are more substantial than the front ones. I can bend mine with my bare hands and I'm far from being a BMF. Are they all that way or did someone put a cheap set on mine ? If anybody has a set that might actually help in a crash, where did you get them ?
They are meant to Fred. The idea is that they bend and absorb energy before any bolts get ripped out of the engine block. It's a common misconception that they need to be BIG and STIFF. I've had a crash or two in my youth :eek:ops2:

Back