Removing rear wheel

And correct torque sequence is a must!!!

I would think you just do the standard cross torque sequence like on an engine head. It is still a mystery to me why this is not a periodic maintenance requirement, say, every 20K.

It is cross torque, but with a twist. It is a two part torque sequence, with the added twist of a lining up step.

I am not sure what you mean Ian. I assumed that you cross torque it in increments but am not sure what you mean by a "lining up" step. It sounds as if you mean that you have to use care in lining up the shaft to the bevel box housing prior to putting any meaningful torque on it.

What is the product number for this please Warp, I've looked on the MolyKote section of their site and there are loads of variations. Would it be BR-2, that seems to match the requirements but would prefer to use your reco.

Incidentally for UK members, my local Triumph dealer also does Honda so whilst I was in there last week I checked on Honda Moly 60, its not available in the UK for some reason, only listed for use in USA, wonder why - might be cos they are a lot fussier than us Brits. :exit:

Edit: Hi Warp ignore my request please, have got hold of some Moly 60.

I use Moly Kote

good enough for Boeing good enough for the Millennium Falcon :)

Battersea - look back in this thread to Paul Thetford's post. The link he provided is to a company in the Uk that sent me the stuff within a couple of days. Haven't opened the packet yet, but I presume it's the right stuff
Mike

Thanks Mike, bloody 'ell how did I miss that? ............................. yer I know not paying attention!

They still have stock of the 'spline nectar' and ordered some :lol:

Back