Removing side panel badges

Simon

.020 Over
Ride
2010 classic
How is this done? I need them off for painting, are they stuck on?…..heat?
Any advice appreciated

Simon

Any advice appreciated

Simon

Can't remember for sure if they have pins on them or not for alignment. The tank badges do combined with adhesive backing. I wouldn't mess with heat, just use some waxed tooth floss, slip it under one corner and slide back and forth until they pop off. The use some goo remover or vegetable oil to get the rest of the stickum off the panel.

A hair dryer will do, all you need is 140 degrees, mine fell off last year when i left the bike outside on a really hot day, that is how i know:cry:
they are put together with adhesive glue:razz:
You need to leave it in some shade, Lupe - BIG SOMBRERO :p

Yeah it's just Glue - whan I bought a set of the chrome covers ages ago - the badges came separate packed.

Any advice appreciated

Simon
Use a hair dryer to heat the glue that adheres them to the cover. Heat the badge and the back side of the cover. Use a butter knife to gently pry them up all the way, or just enough to get dental floss under them to get them off. Take your time and keep the glue heated. The heat from the hair dryer won't hurt the paint. Patience is key if you are trying to save the badges.

What a timely thread, I just bought the Carpenter side badges, and I have to take off the chrome side panel embellishers my dealer threw in free when I bought the bike, and which I no longer like anyway. That's pretty much what I heard in the past, and found on the internet

Back