OEM front dresser bar installation

MtnManCO

.020 Over
Hello,

I am about to install OEM front dresser bars on my 2013 R III Roadster. I know it is necessary to support the engine to allow for removal and re-installation of the engine mount bolt.

Does it matter from which side (left or right) the engine is supported or is it a matter of trial and error to align the holes and the bolt?

Thank you very much in advance!

Armin

I assume you are using a motorcycle jack for this? I used one when I installed my Rivco highway bars; just placed the jack under the engine sump from the right side; and jacked it enough to hold the bike vertical. Loosened and removed the forward engine mount bolt nut; then adjusted the motorcycle jack so that the engine mounting bolt itself slid out easily. Then installed the highway bars and reinstalled the mounting bolt and nut.

It's pretty simple. Don't over think it.

Simple, as Will says. I removed my dresser bars & installed Rivco bars... WAY stronger, & make the frame feel more rigid due to the thru frame bracing.

I am realy thinking I that I want the dresser bars and hyway pegs now after my iron but like ride last week van island to trial one day trial to stony plians alberta next day then crawford bay on kooteney lake next day then back to island . I am hopeing that change in rideing position will ease the pian a little

Back