Cooling fan not working

So many unknowns, if you could hook up tune ecu and see that coolant temp and how the fan is reacting would be good. Have you checked the coolant temp plug for corrosion, could be coolant temp sensor giving bad reading, need to see temp to make sure. Have you checked fuse 7, fan relay fuse, check across probes not just visual, make sure that relay you bought is compatible as i have swapped relays with a no go then had another handed to me and bingo. It’s probably, relay, coolant temp sensor, or coolant sensor plug, fuse number 7 fan relay fuse, fan plug, pinched wire, a few possible items to check off

Last edited:
if it was mine i would make up a set of four wires about 6 inches long
then put terminals male and female terminals on them so that you can use a 12 volt test light to monitor the electrical operration.
i would think that the problem is on #86 terminal that instead of the computer sending the 12 volt signal to turn on fan when it gets hot it is getting power from some where else.
you might do a wiggle test
turn ign on and if fan is working then wiggle wires to see if it turns off. and if it turns off you have the area of the problem.
have you had any one messing with it in the last 6 months?
weird promblems are sometimes caused by messing with the bike.
hth

Back