Considering an R3? Whats accel like?

Cane,
I did the same by buying a second hand 2005 Rocket loaded, for 12,500.00 and 5,000 miles, this past February. I could have extended the warranty but the one time I spent money doing so, the truck never had any issues and my wife never let me forget it. My wife thinks extended warranties are stupid as well as people who get them. I keep her on a leash when we have visitors.:eek: You should be able to get or extend a warranty in most cases,....just don't tell my wife.

If you can be patient and are willing to travel a bit your plan is flawless. I think the cold weather always brings out the deals. If you do get a Rocket and can wait till warm weather to sell the VTX, all the better for your pocketbook.:)

Rocket III

Hondax, That's funny but I would think if you did buy something with out a extended warrantie and it cost you $2,000.00 to fix she would be made at you. Haveing turbocharged under your name does this mean that your Rocket is turbocharged or some day:)

cane corso said:
Hondax, That's funny but I would think if you did buy something with out a extended warrantie and it cost you $2,000.00 to fix she would be made at you. Haveing turbocharged under your name does this mean that your Rocket is turbocharged or some day:)

Well it's your choice to warranty or not but odds are on my wifes side, as 95% + of the time you never use it and this includes a Rocket.

I may have turbocharged under my name now, but when I hit 1000 posts I become "God of Power and Speed" or sum such nonsence....:D

Funny....looking back to my first demo ride on the R3. When I hit the throttle in 1st gear...it popped out into neutral. Scared the beejesus outa me. I had always assumed it was something I did cause of my first ride. I'm not so sure now. I never again gunned it in 1st the rest of the demo ride.

Not everyone should get a Rocket

Jimbeamrye said:
Funny....looking back to my first demo ride on the R3. When I hit the throttle in 1st gear...it popped out into neutral. Scared the beejesus outa me. I had always assumed it was something I did cause of my first ride. I'm not so sure now. I never again gunned it in 1st the rest of the demo ride.

Please don't take it personal, but you need to keep your VTX for awhile. If you can't trust the Rocket don't buy it.
You will drive yourself nutty with all the whirls, wizzes, and rattles that are standard on a Rocket.

Rocket III VS Honda VTX

Hondex, You say that I should keep my VTX for a while. Because it's standered that the Rocket has whirls, wizzes and rattles? I have taken two Rockets for a test drive and they both where really quiet just as quiet as my VTX. Is it when a rockets get some miles on that it start to make noises? Is it rattles that could be fixed? Or is it just how it is after a while?

cane corso said:
Hondex, You say that I should keep my VTX for a while. Because it's standered that the Rocket has whirls, wizzes and rattles? I have taken two Rockets for a test drive and they both where really quiet just as quiet as my VTX. Is it when a rockets get some miles on that it start to make noises? Is it rattles that could be fixed? Or is it just how it is after a while?

The only noise mine makes is RRRROOOAAAAR!

Interseting dialogue. As to slipping out of first gear, I only have had that problem when I am at a stop and want to rest my clutch hand so I put it in neutral. Sometimes when I then put it down into first it feels like it engages, but when I throttle I am still in neutral. I hit it a little harder and it engages.

Rocket III

Ray, So does this sliping happen often? Can it be fixed? Does your bike make all kinds of rattles like Hondax was saying?

Back