Considering a Rocket vs an Indian

Rockets can't compete with sport bikes in twisters.

I used to advise a student formula car team.

One year the advisor for a 10 time national championship team was kind enough to share some time with me on their campus.

One of the major points I took away from that meeting was that his opinion at that time was that a well handling student formula car with 60 hp could win the annual race series.

The students were always trying to get more power. Power is rarely a factor in a course with short straights.

True on all accounts. Just as in the discipline of shooting, most gunns are much more accurate than even good shooters need or can appreciate.

I need to take a decent ride on both bikes again and see which one is going to work for me.

I must call BS on this comment. I KNOW for a fact that it is NOT so!
As a rider of both Sport bikes for many years and cruisers (V2K & R3R) for the past 12 years, I'm here to report that I can operate twisties WAY faster on a sport bike than on my R3R. I too have enjoyed embarrassing some sport riders on my R3R and even a few aboard my V2K; however, rider skill being equal or better than I = NO WAY!
I further doubt you are near as good in the twisties as you purport.
GOOD for you super bull shooter your the man LOL like I said I ride with the sportbikes and my buddy with the BMW 1000RR is a racer that roadraced for 30+ years and we end up staying together on public roads traveling at a comfortable fast pace and not race track speeds and thats as fast as we want to travel on public roads and I never said I was racing on these roads but we have a good time and its of course not as easy to go as fast as the sportbikes BUT we can it just takes more effort but its fun

GOOD for you super bull shooter your the man LOL like I said I ride with the sportbikes and my buddy with the BMW 1000RR is a racer that roadraced for 30+ years and we end up staying together on public roads traveling at a comfortable fast pace and not race track speeds and thats as fast as we want to travel on public roads and I never said I was racing on these roads but we have a good time and its of course not as easy to go as fast as the sportbikes BUT we can it just takes more effort but its fun

Apologies, I guess your quote below was somehow misunderstood . . . :confused: :banghead:
"I like riding my modded Rocket its comfy and its fun beating all the SQUIDS on those crazy street fighters"

Apologies, I guess your quote below was somehow misunderstood . . . :confused: :banghead:
"I like riding my modded Rocket its comfy and its fun beating all the SQUIDS on those crazy street fighters"
YES Im sure your a wacko out there Ive heard about your antics you better behave BAD BULL

WELCOME to ya, Jamie from WA State.
From whence do you hail?
If you are a comfort putter, the Indian is a fine motor.
For all else, the R3R RULES!
YES the Indian is another Harley clone with retro styling and about the same performance its a geezer glide and not a match for the ROCKET as it has 50+ hp less and was made to compete with HARLEY and all the other clones that are in that class so dont expect any of those bikes to perform like the ROCKET

True on all accounts. Just as in the discipline of shooting, most gunns are much more accurate than even good shooters need or can appreciate.

I need to take a decent ride on both bikes again and see which one is going to work for me.
YES all true we get to ride with all types of bikes ask TRIUMPH PHIL hes been out zipping around the back roads that we like to travel on and hes no slow poke on his modded ROCKET thats making over 200HP

YES Im sure your a wacko out there Ive heard about your antics you better behave BAD BULL

Happy new year to ya!

HApPy new year to all

Geez! Get a room already!!

I keep my H-D Fat Bob for when I want to ride with my geriatric H-D buddies...

Back