Competition Werkes Exhaust 2020 R3

What did they use for the heat shield? Looks super super nice I want to do that.
It is the stock heat shield - the same as what you have on in the photo. I had that ceramic-coated satin black. I used a SS fender washer and a piece of neoprene behind the fender washer when I reattached the heat shield. The ceramic coating scratches super easy otherwise. Lesson learnt another time. Be sure to use an elastomer (rubber or similar) and not plastic behind the fender washer. I also coated the exhaust bracket that attaches to the bike with a satin black heat resistant rattle-can.

IMG_1628.JPG

It would be best if you rechecked the clamp on the bottoms can after a couple of weeks. I had to retighten mine once (only).

It is the stock heat shield - the same as what you have on in the photo. I had that ceramic-coated satin black. I used a SS fender washer and a piece of neoprene behind the fender washer when I reattached the heat shield. The ceramic coating scratches super easy otherwise. Lesson learnt another time. Be sure to use an elastomer (rubber or similar) and not plastic behind the fender washer. I also coated the exhaust bracket that attaches to the bike with a satin black heat resistant rattle-can.

IMG_1628.JPG

It would be best if you rechecked the clamp on the bottoms can after a couple of weeks. I had to retighten mine once (only).
Yes I was wondering about what type of coating was used. It looks nice in black like that. Mine is still stock.

So I’ve noticed quite a bit of people have the DB killers installed... is this exhaust unbearably loud without them? Do the DB killers work well?

So I’ve noticed quite a bit of people have the DB killers installed... is this exhaust unbearably loud without them? Do the DB killers work well?
I didn’t put the DB killers in. It’s not insane. But it is way louder than stock. The bike is just so quiet stock it’s a drastic change from stock but as far as unbearable, no; It’s not unbearable. I like it. A triple sounds so unique. Nothing like a big twin or a i4. It’s just it’s own unique sound. I don’t feel any of the clips online capture the sound signature very well. One has to hear it to understand. You can feel it in your chest haha.

A triple sounds so unique. Nothing like a big twin or a i4. It’s just it’s own unique sound. I don’t feel any of the clips online capture the sound signature very well. One has to hear it to understand. You can feel it in your chest haha.
I've been riding Triumph Triples since 1974 ... I know the sound.

Do we know what this does to the Stock/Penner ECU?
It leaned my bike out at high rpm wide open throttle. It seems to have had a positive impact on the AFR at lower lower levels which is odd. But the bike does run lean stock and more fuel will def help I think. Hope to hear from someone who did the Penner map with an aftermarket exhaust.

Looks like Carpenter is coming out with one. I don't like the look as much as Comp. Werks however I wonder what it will sound like. Also wonder why they did new headers. I can't imagine they add power compared to the wonderful hydroformed stockers. Carpenter Racing

Looks like Carpenter is coming out with one. I don't like the look as much as Comp. Werks however I wonder what it will sound like. Also wonder why they did new headers. I can't imagine they add power compared to the wonderful hydroformed stockers. Carpenter Racing
I bet they're highly functional, but man i don't like their look at all.

Back